N26 appoints Arnd Schwierholz as Chief Financial Officer
- Arnd Schwierholz boasts extensive experience as CFO of technology companies and publicly traded international corporations.
- Previously, he was CFO of global mobility provider Flix SE, CFO of AirBerlin, led the financial department at Lufthansa subsidiary Sky Chefs Inc, and the M&A department at Lufthansa AG. Prior to that, he worked at global banking leader UBS Group.
- Arnd Schwierholz will assume his position as Chief Financial Officer of N26 on February 1st, 2023.
Berlin N26, The Mobile Bank, today announced the appointment of Arnd Schwierholz as its new Chief Financial Officer. The experienced manager will lead the company’s financial department moving forward.
Arnd Schwierholz brings decades of experience in the technology industry and in financial management for publicly traded companies to his new role. He is renowned as a proven expert with a strong track record in financing for technology companies, in group-wide financial planning, mergers and acquisitions, as well as in Venture Capital:
- Most recently, Arnd Schwierholz was CFO and Partner at Venture Capital firm Iconical Ltd.
- From 2016 to 2021 he was CFO at Flix SE, the global mobility provider.
- Prior to that, he was a member of the board and CFO for the listed airline AirBerlin.
- He moved to AirBerlin from Lufthansa Group, where he held various financial leadership positions from 2002 to 2014. Among other positions, he led the Mergers & Acquisitions department at Lufthansa AG and was CFO and member of the management board at Sky Chefs in the US.
- From 1995 to 1999, Arnd Schwierholz was Associate Director at global banking leader UBS Group.
Marcus W. Mosen, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of N26:
"With Arnd Schwierholz, N26 gains an experienced financial leader with a strong track record across different industries and business models. His CV includes demanding positions in large corporations, in fast-growing companies and established organisations alike. I am convinced that Arnd, with his extensive experience and his passion for finance, will make an important contribution to the development of N26. He will be an excellent addition to the management team".
Arnd Schwierholz, Chief Financial Officer of N26:
“I look forward to applying my experience and expertise at N26 to support the company in improving banking for millions of consumers.”
Valentin Stalf, Founder and CEO of N26:
“I am very pleased that we were able to appoint an outstanding leader with expertise in finance and technology like Arnd for the important role of Chief Financial Officer."
Arnd Schwierholz will assume his position as Chief Financial Officer of N26 on February 1st, 2023.
N26 AG is Europe’s leading digital bank with a full German banking licence. Built on the latest technology, N26’s mobile banking experience makes managing money easier, more secure and customer friendly. To date, it has welcomed more than 8 million customers in 24 markets, and processes over 100bn EUR in transactions a year. N26 is headquartered in Berlin with offices in multiple cities across Europe, including Vienna and Barcelona, and a 1,500-strong team of more than 80 nationalities. Founded by Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal in 2013, N26 has raised close to US$ 1.8 billion from some of the world’s most renowned investors.
N26 Press Contact