Your Moving Cost Calculator
Whether you move in your home town or to another country: Simply check how much money you need to put aside with our Moving Cost Calculator.
How to use Moving Cost Calculator
Our moving cost calculator provides you with neat features to calculate your moving expenses:
- Simply type in the estimated cost in the fields provided (you'll find a detailed explanation in each section below)
- Select "General Moving Costs" to insert your general expenses for moving. This is for everyone, whether you move abroad or stay in your home country
- Select "Moving Abroad" if you're moving to another country.
Budget Calculator unavailable
What's your expected moving budget?
The section "Your expected moving budget" includes the two input fields "Expected moving budget" and "Relocation package." Input the amount of money you expect your move to cost and add the money you receive from your employer in the form of a relocation package in the second field. This provides you with a general idea of how much you should have availiable for your move.
What are general moving costs?
"The section ""General Moving Costs"" has fields that reflect your main moving costs, whether within your home town or abroad. Simply fill in the amount, where applicable:
- Truck rental: Includes the money you need for renting a truck or car to move your belongings to your new home.
- Gas: The money you'll need to spend on gas for your rented vehicle.
- Moving insurance: The cost of moving insurance, to cover you in case any of your items get damaged during the move.
- Additional moving equipment rental: Need to move something a heavy that requires additional equimpent, like a ramp or dolly? Add the rental amount here.
- Packing materials: The cost of any supplies for packing up your stuff like boxes, tape, ect.
- Moving fees for professionals: Don't want to do everything on your own? Then include the costs of hiring help here."
What is Moving abroad?
"The ""Moving Abroad"" section provides you with specific fields for when you move to another country. Because general moving costs still apply to you, make sure to also select the respective fields there.
- Ticket cost: Your plane, train, or bus ticket to your new home.
- Shipping household goods: The cost of shipping your items to your new home.
- Visa: Costs of getting a visa. Does not apply if you're an EU citizen moving to another EU country.
- Customs: The cost of customs fees for your shipped items. Does not apply to you if you're an EU citizen moving to another EU country."
Learn more about moving
How do you move to another country? 6 steps to get you ready for moving abroad
If you’re thinking of moving abroad, read on to discover our checklist of what to consider before starting your big adventure.
How to open a bank account in Europe
Moving to Europe? Here’s how to set up your own local bank account.
When’s the best time to book flights?
Save big on flights to your next vacation with these helpful tips.
Find a plan for you
The free* online bank account
- A virtual debit card
- Free payments worldwide
- Up to 3 free withdraws
- Deposit protection
The bank account that gives you more control
- Free Virtual Card
- Up to 10 Spaces sub-accounts
- Support Center phone number
The debit card for everyday and travel
- Up to 5 free withdrawals in the Eurozone
- Flight and luggage delay cover
- Medical emergency cover
- Winter activities insurance
The premium account with a metal card
- An 18-gram metal card
- Up to 8 free withdrawals in the Eurozone
- Car rental insurance
- Phone insurance