Introducing Split the Bill—split expenses with friends and family right from your N26 app
Settling up has never been so simple.
2 min read
After more than a year of social distancing and staying in, it’s finally almost time to get back to normal. What better way to celebrate than by dining out with friends? This time, spare yourself the awkward shuffle over splitting the bill at the end of the night. Our latest feature is here to make that whole process as painless as possible. Introducing, Split the Bill!
Renting a car on a group vacation? Chipping in for a birthday gift? Split the bill isn’t just for restaurant-goers. Use it for any kind of purchase where you’re sharing the cost with others. No need to download third-party apps, or create accounts you’ll never use again. Add as many participants as you like—whether they’re N26 customers or not—and split the bill any way you want. With Split the Bill, you can even choose between splitting a bill evenly, or entering custom amounts for every person.
How to use Split the Bill
Ready to try it out? Here’s how it works:
- Once you’ve paid for a purchase with your N26 card, open your N26 app.
- Find the transaction in your ‘Home’ tab, tap on it, and choose ‘Split the bill’.
- Next, add all the people with whom you wish to share the costs. If they aren’t N26 customers, you’ll be asked to include each person’s name.
- When you’re ready, tap the green button at the bottom of your screen to confirm the split amounts.
- Then you’ll be able to send a message to the non-N26 customers and send them your bank details right away.
- Once you’ve finished that step, tap ‘Confirm’ and the remaining requests will go out via MoneyBeam.
So, what are you waiting for? Now that the question of the bill is settled, all you have to do is decide where to go.
The bank you'll love
The Mobile Bank
Related postsThese might also interest you
Stuck at home? Why not treat yourself to some fresh new home decor? Get up to 20% off your purchase at WestwingNow with N26 Perks.
Team spirit can make a difference even outside the soccer stadium! Under the motto "More than Goals," N26 is donating to charity for every goal scored by our partner SK Rapid Wien this season.
From instant payments to guaranteed deposits—N26 offers secure and 100% mobile banking. And those are just some of the reasons why N26 was voted the world’s best bank by Forbes. Find them all here!