In July, we announced our new Fair Use Policy for users based in Germany, which offers 5 or 3 free ATM withdrawals in Germany per month. We arrived at this policy after careful consideration, including your input from a representative survey. The implementation of Fair Use begins today, so let’s keep this communication open and go over some key points again. Of course, you can view the full policy details here. First, let’s talk about what’s not changing.
- All withdrawals at CASH26 locations remain unlimited and free. The Cash Map in the app will point you to the closest one.
- All ATM withdrawals outside of Germany remain unlimited and free, and they won’t count against your withdrawal limit.
- All N26 MasterCards will continue to be accepted everywhere in the world that accepts MasterCard, whether that’s an ATM, a store, a restaurant or online. Everywhere!
- You still have complete control over your ATM withdrawal limits so you can take out more cash each time.
- MoneyBeam transfers are still free, instant and awesome.
Second, everyone gets a 3-month grace period of 5 free ATM withdrawals per month.
- All existing users get 5 free ATM withdrawals per month until the end of December.
- All new users will get at least 3 full calendar months starting from the day they activate their cards. For example, if you activate on 12 October, you will get the rest of October, plus November, December and January as your grace period.
After the grace period, you will get 5 free ATM withdrawals per month if you’re a “primary account user,” which means you do one of the following:
- Receive your salary, pension payments, student allowance or government benefits into your N26 account for at least two consecutive months.
- Receive payments of at least €1.000 per month into your N26 account for at least two consecutive months.
- You are younger than 26 years old.
You will receive a push notification when you reach your withdrawal limit so you’re always informed.