For the past 2 years, we’ve had the pleasure of providing our 100% mobile banking experience to hundreds of thousands of people across the US. It is with sincere gratitude and appreciation that we've made the tough decision to sharpen our focus on our European business. As a result, our product will no longer be available to customers in the US after January 18, 2022.
Learn more about what this means for you here.
What happens after January 18, 2022?
All US N26 accounts will be closed on January 18, 2022. If you do not take any action before January 18, 2022 and still have money in your account, we will issue a check to the address we have on file with your remaining account balance. Please allow at least 14 business days for the check to be processed and mailed out.
How do I withdraw my money from my account?
If you have money in your account (including in Spaces), please consider the following ways that you can withdraw money out of the account:
- Provide your N26 account number and routing number to your alternative bank and, from your alternative bank, request a debit ACH transfer out of your N26 account.
- Withdraw cash for free from your account at over 55,000 Allpoint® ATM locations. Alternatively, you can withdraw cash from any ATM where Visa or Plus is accepted, (fees and surcharges may apply). Please be aware that there is a $1,500 daily withdrawal limit.
- Spend the money normally using your debit card or Apple Pay® or Google Pay™ until January 18, 2022.
- Contact N26 customer support via live chat or phone and provide your alternative bank account number and routing number, so we can assist you with closing your N26 account and sending you any remaining funds via ACH transfer.
What other actions do I need to take?
In addition to transferring your money prior to your account being closed on January 18, 2022, please consider these key actions you may want to take:
- If you have direct deposit or any recurring payment set up for your N26 account, please contact your employer or the merchant to update the account information to an alternative bank account.
- If you have money in your Spaces, please move it to your main account to ensure that all money is withdrawn before your account is closed on January 18, 2022.
- If you have Round-Up rules or scheduled external bank transfers, please cancel them before your account is closed.
I don't have access to my registered email address/registered mailing address, how do I contact you to collect my funds?
If you need further assistance with fund withdrawal or transfer, please contact N26 customer support via live chat from the N26 mobile app or call 1-888-626-0626. To use the live chat function, simply login to your app, click on ⍰ icon at the top right corner, select “Support Chat” and verify yourself.
Will I still be able to access my app and transaction details once the account is closed?
No. Once we close the account you will not be able to log into the N26 app or directly access historic account information. We advise you to download your account statements before the account is closed. Please note, any account information needed after account closure can be requested by emailing email@example.com
I have another question, how can I speak to customer service?
Please contact N26 customer support via live chat from the N26 mobile app or call 1-888-626-0626. To use the live chat function, simply login to your app, click on ⍰ icon at the top right corner, select “Support Chat” and verify yourself.