Senior Backend Engineer - Membership
About the opportunity
You will work in the area of Memberships on some of the most crucial parts of the N26 experience around our Premium Membership Tiers, offering an unmatched experience to our customers.
We are seeking a talented Senior Backend Engineer to evolve our product, powered by a microservice architecture predominantly written in Java 11 and Kotlin, using Spring Boot.
Our cross-functional teams are passionate about collaboration and sharing knowledge, as well as working with a high degree of autonomy.
As a Senior Backend Engineer at N26, you will be encouraged to embrace the latest technological updates and given a platform to work on complex, interesting problems on a daily basis.
In this role, you will:
Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain software in a thriving environment Manage individual project priorities and deliverables whilst working in a team who enjoy knowledge sharing sessions
Stay up to date with the latest trends in technology and you are not afraid to propose some findings during our GSDD.
Work within your cross-functional team to uphold the highest technical standards right across the product
What you need to be successful:
- Experience in developing software using a JVM language and Spring Boot in large-scale production systems (note: experience of Kotlin would be a plus) Skills:
- Sound understanding of microservice architecture
- Knowledge of both relational and non-relational databases, preferably Postgres Appreciation of working in a modern cloud architecture, preferably with AWS Language Skills: full professional proficiency in English
- Highly motivated and not afraid of getting things done
- Ongoing appreciation and consideration for security
- Motivation to write code which is well-tested and well-documented
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors 🚀.
- Employee benefits that range from a competitive personal development budget, work from home budget, discounts to fitness & wellness memberships, language apps and public transportation.
- As an N26 employee you will have access to a Premium subscription on your personal N26 bank account. As well as subscriptions for friends and family members.
- Vacation days vary depending on your location of work. Additional day of annual leave for each year of service.
- A high degree of autonomy and access to cutting edge technologies - all while working with a friendly team of peers of diverse nationalities, life experiences and family statuses.
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it.
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 24 markets. We employ more than 1,500 employees across 3 office locations in Berlin, Vienna and Barcelona. Besides the main offices, N26 also has local offices in Paris, Madrid, Milan, and São Paulo.
Sounds good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.