About the opportunity
The Business Audit Senior Manager function shall examine and assess in a risk-oriented and process-independent manner the effectiveness and appropriateness of the risk management system in general and of the internal control system in particular as well as the appropriateness of all activities and processes in general, irrespective of whether or not they have been outsourced.
In this role, you will:
- Support of all business internal audit activities of N26 AG/ N26 Bank AG incl. external Contractors.
- Prepare and where necessary lead the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over business operations’ effectiveness, reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
- Prepare a comprehensive risk oriented business audit plan, which shall be updated once a year.
- Audit of all N26 AG/ N26 Bank AG activities and processes, including those outsourced at appropriate intervals and of all subsidiaries, as a general rule within three years (if required with a third party service provider).
- Prepare the Internal Audit reports.
- Ensure that Internal Audit is performing its work in accordance with established professional and regulatory standards.
- Supervise and review the audit work of junior team members.
- Preparation of written reports on each audit and submission to the responsible members of the management board.
- Communication of audit results to operational units
- Monitor in an appropriate form whether the findings identified during the audit are remedied within the specified timeframe.
- Involvement in key projects, while guarding independence and avoiding conflicts of interest.
- Perform special audits, e.g. due to deficiencies which have arisen or certain informational requirements, on behalf of the management board.
- Prepare quarterly and annual reporting to the management board and committees.
- Support in maintaining Internal Audit policies and procedures.
- Act as deputy of the Head of Internal Audit if instructed for a certain period of time.
- If necessary, answers to requests of regulators and supervisory bodies.
What you need to be successful:
Background & Skills
- Successfully completed degree in economics or comparable training.
- Gained at least 7 years working experience as Internal Auditor in an international company in an regulated environment, preferably in a bank or other financial institution or for an audit company.
- High degree of process understanding as well as profound knowledge in the areas of online banking and retail products.
- Very good insight into Banking laws & requirements, and willing to become acquainted with local specific Banking laws, standard banking requirements as well as banking IT-Systems.
- Ideally, you have obtained the Certified Internal Audit (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification.
- You enjoy interacting with various stakeholders.
- You have a hands-on mentality and are willing to search for customer and market supporting solutions.
- You are willing to travel to conduct audits in the N26 group entities and major service providers.
- You have excellent English and German language skills. Other European languages are a plus.
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful.
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo.
- Think globally, act locally.
- Strong bias for action.
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback.
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors 🚀.
- Employee benefits that range from a competitive personal development budget, work from home budget, discounts to fitness & wellness memberships, language apps and public transportation.
- As an N26 employee you will have access to a Premium subscription on your personal N26 bank account. As well as subscriptions for friends and family members.
- Vacation days vary depending on your location of work. Additional day of annual leave for each year of service.
- A high degree of autonomy and access to cutting edge technologies - all while working with a friendly team of peers of diverse nationalities, life experiences and family statuses.
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it.
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has more than 8 million customers in 24 markets. We are headquartered in Berlin with offices in multiple cities across Europe, including Vienna and Barcelona, and a 1,500-strong team of more than 80 nationalities.
Sounds good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.