About the opportunity
The AFC&Compliance associate directly reports to the Branch MLRO&Compliance Officer and will be in charge of all the compliance activities of the Branch under the supervision of the MLRO&Compliance Officer.
In this role, you will:
- Monitor new upcoming regulations.
- Draft regulatory risk assessment and regulatory requirements in case the launch of new products and services.
- Perform compliance and AML controls on processes and procedures.
- Support the MLRO in drafting reports both for internal and external stakeholders.
- Act as the supporting function to the management of the Compliance Roadmap by: (i) identifying risks, (ii) identifying stakeholders, (iii) removing dependencies, (iv) clarifying requirements, (iv) communicating capacity and time limitations.
- Ensure alignment with business stakeholders (e.g. Product, Operations) and within Compliance.
- Enhance the Italian Branch compliance management system.
- Supporting the communication with national and international competent regulatory authorities.
- Drafting / reviewing policies and procedures.
What you need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Law, Business, Economics, or other relevant areas.
- Professional experience gained in a Compliance anti-financial crime or compliance or risk management role (both in a regulated company or as a management consultant preferably in a Big 4).
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment and relevant processes with regard to topics such as AML, MIFID, MIFIR, PSD 2, consumer protection, usury, etc.
- Exceptional analytical and structured thinking skills (Microsoft Excel / Google suite)
- You have very good interpersonal and communication skills
- You have a desire to ever optimize processes and workflows and enjoy working with people and teams across different functions
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful.
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo.
- Think globally, act locally.
- Strong bias for action.
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback.
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors 🚀.
- Employee benefits that range from a competitive personal development budget, work from home budget, discounts to fitness & wellness memberships, language apps and public transportation.
- As an N26 employee you will have access to a Premium subscription on your personal N26 bank account. As well as subscriptions for friends and family members.
- Vacation days vary depending on your location of work. Additional day of annual leave for each year of service.
- A high degree of autonomy and access to cutting edge technologies - all while working with a friendly team of peers of diverse nationalities, life experiences and family statuses.
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it.
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 24 markets. We employ more than 1,500 employees across 3 office locations in Berlin, Vienna and Barcelona. Besides the main offices, N26 also has local offices in Paris, Madrid, Milan, and São Paolo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.