About the opportunity
We are seeking a passionate Reconciliation Team Lead to come in and lead a highly skilled and innovative team. From individual coaching to improving our workflows, you will be the focal point of our banking operations team. You will also have the amazing chance to engage with an incredible dedicated team who puts the customer experience in the forefront of everything they do - and have fun while at it!
To this end, we are looking for an experienced and motivated Team Lead who will provide us with expert support in our daily tasks.
In this role, you will:
- Supervise a team of analysts who conduct daily reconciliation of schemes (SEPA, SWIFT, Mastercard) & internal transactional accounts within N26.
- You will be responsible for controlling your team’s performance, using key data and reports to inform your decisions and planning to cover our upcoming needs while ensuring that your team works diligently and always compliantly.
- Your operational payment and reconciliation expertise will be crucial in redefining our processes, to allow our team to thrive in the most efficient environment possible and build the most efficient digital Banking Operations.
- Your work with the team will not just be operational. You will also be an outstanding people manager capable of guiding and developing your team members - working closely with our coaches to ensure continual improvement.
- This is a crucial role not just within the Banking Operations team, but also within the wider business and therefore you must have very good stakeholder management skills. If operational improvement, personal development and the opportunity to grow with a fast moving company inspires you, then apply below.
What you need to be successful:
Background & Skills:
- You are a data driven individual and have a proven track record leading a successful team within a financial sector, with a strong focus on reconciliation. Knowledge of the European payments industry would be a strong plus.
- You bring an innovative mindset and a strong hands-on mentality with a focus on execution, and high motivation to take an active role in our company. The customer is always at the forefront of your mind, and your entrepreneurial spirit will help us deliver a best in class operations service.
- You have great interpersonal skills and first leadership experiences, work well under pressure and can deal with several different projects and responsibilities with ease and composure.
- You are strong in focusing on details and technicalities while simultaneously retaining a comprehensive vision of the big picture.
- Knowledge of SQL, Java or experience with Google script are not essential but would be a strong advantage.
- Lastly, you have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, and another European language is a bonus.
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful.
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo.
- Think globally, act locally.
- Strong bias for action.
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback.
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors 🚀.
- Employee benefits that range from a competitive personal development budget, work from home budget, discounts to fitness & wellness memberships, language apps and public transportation.
- As an N26 employee you will have access to a Premium subscription on your personal N26 bank account. As well as subscriptions for friends and family members.
- Vacation days vary depending on your location of work. Additional day of annual leave for each year of service.
- A high degree of autonomy and access to cutting edge technologies - all while working with a friendly team of peers of diverse nationalities, life experiences and family statuses.
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it.
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 24 markets. We employ more than 1,500 employees across 3 office locations in Berlin, Vienna and Barcelona. Besides the main offices, N26 also has local offices in Paris, Madrid, Milan, and São Paolo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.