About the opportunity
We are looking for a Head of UX to join us in redefining what a modern banking experience looks and feels like - either in Barcelona or Berlin. As the Head of UX for the Engagement segment you will be responsible for helping drive app engagement by providing our users with the information, tools and interface to unlock better financial outcomes.
Specifically, our Engagement segment is responsible for owning the core app features and navigation structure that our customers use every day to control their financial lives (Feed & Insights), and to manage their money how they choose (Spaces).
This area is core to our customers’ entire N26 experience, and provides an exciting growth area as we evolve our offering to bring our customers more and more tools to make sense of their financial lives and to spend and save their money how they choose.
Join our N26 UX Team of more than 35 UXers distributed across our offices in Berlin and Barcelona!
You will create innovative and desirable experiences by listening and engaging with people, applying design and research methods and strategies to create value, both for users and the business.
Let's build a bank that the world loves to use!
In this role, you will:
- As part of PTX (Product, Tech and UX at N26), you work together with the Head of Product and the Head of Engineering of your product segment to ensure the team delivers an impactful and exceptional user experience.
- Be part of the UX Leadership team, reporting to the Director of UX and working together with other Heads of UX to continue to grow, maintain and improve the UX function.
- Contribute to strategic decision making with the rest of the product teams.
- Mentor the team on design and research processes, best practices and guide them to produce high quality design outcomes.
- Coach all the members of your team and ensure they have a direction set in terms of goals and expected outcomes.
- Support and lead teams by applying your craft: strategic design methods, facilitation, mentorship, user research analysis, efficient design processes
- Nurture a healthy and happy team culture that supports professional growth and innovative work.
- Support the hiring process and be a part of every major decision within the UX team.
What you need to be successful:
- You have experience building and leading a small to midsize UX team and managing career growth journeys in product-led organisations.
- You are an advocate for the customer and understand how user research and design can impact business goals.
- You have experience in building amazing B2C digital products at scale.
- You have experience working within product development teams in agile environments.
- You have experience with information architecture projects.
- You have a strong understanding of product management needs and product metrics.
- You have previously worked as a UX practitioner (designer or researcher) for digital products in cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication is in your nature, you know how to get buy-in from stakeholders with your ideas on banking in the future
- You like using data to make decisions.
Nice to have:
- Experience in the FinTech domain.
- Being a customer of a digital bank.
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors 🚀
- Employee benefits that range from a competitive personal development budget, work from home budget, discounts to fitness & wellness memberships, language apps and public transportation.
- As an N26 employee you will have access to a Premium subscription on your personal N26 bank account. As well as subscriptions for friends or family members.
- Vacation days vary depending on your location of work. Additional day of annual leave for each year of service.
- A high degree of autonomy and access to cutting edge technologies - all while working with a friendly team of peers of diverse nationalities, life experiences and family statuses.
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it.
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 24 markets. We employ more than 1,500 employees across 3 office locations in Berlin, Vienna and Barcelona. Besides the main offices, N26 also has local offices in Paris, Madrid, Milan, and São Paolo.
Sounds good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.