Here at N26 the IIT team is continuously trying to optimize and automate manual tasks to cope with the tremendous growth of the company, moving away from the traditional IT into a more DevSecOps approach relying on technology to empower people.
The IIT Workplace team builds, manages and supports the systems and infrastructure that power our workplace keeping our users working smoothly, productively, and securely. As an Infrastructure Operations Specialist, you’ll help design and scale the infrastructure powering your peers’ day to day work.
If you like to think out of the box, automate all the manual tasks and make people's lives easier, we are looking for you!
Once Here You Will
- Implement and improve systems to manage our growing workplace infrastructure, global corporate networks, A/V infrastructure, and physical security.
- Support our current workplace infrastructure and IT Support with creative ideas.
- Collaborate with partner teams to scale and automate our infrastructure.
- Thoughtfully and inventively incorporate leading third-party software into N26 workplace infrastructure.
- Keep abreast of company growth and industry trends and iterate on automated deployment, configuration, and monitoring.
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many processes and procedures you encounter.
- Help your teammates by sharing knowledge, mentoring, and participating in our on-call rotation.
- Own an issue until the problem has been mitigated and/or resolved.
- Maintain the operational effectiveness of systems in their specialist infrastructure area.
- Conducts ongoing maintenance of infrastructure.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with all key stakeholders, including issues and planned changes within their specialist infrastructure area.
What You'll Bring Along
- Proven experience managing and operating workplace infrastructure components like corporate networks, physical servers as well as CCTV and physical security systems. Knowledge of Cloud computing and VM will be considered as plus.
- Experience scripting in Bash or Powershell in order to automate repetitive tasks. Experience with Infrastructure as Code is desired.
- Proficiency troubleshooting Linux and Windows systems (ideally 2012 R2/2016 & 2019) at the OS level and as part of a distributed system.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, application network protocols, firewall management, hardware and printing devices with centralised management solutions.
- Comfort discussing technical concepts like network protocols and infrastructure components.
- A learning mindset, regardless of level or experience.
- An empathetic, humble, and customer-focused demeanor.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal, knowledge of German or Spanish is a plus
- Multi-tasking capabilities and ability to adapt to a fast paced environment.
- Ability to be proactive, self-motivated and learn quickly.