About the opportunity
We are seeking a GFP Payments Fraud Manager specialized in Payments and money transfers.
Our Global Fraud Prevention team is in charge of detecting, mitigating and preventing financial and reputational damage caused by fraud trends that target N26 customers and products; this by performing different types of analysis to detect the root causes for possible vulnerabilities or exposure, propose mitigation actions to solve such issues, and the team is in charge of establishing and help to improve detection and mitigation systems that help the company to innovate in the way we are reducing our fraud rates in the most practical way possible.
In this role, you will:
- Detect Fraud Trends related to Payment schemes and money transfers.
- Use data management tools to create modules able to predict, detect and prevent fraud.
- Maintain all of the processes under your scope registered and up to date
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders to apply the best fraud prevention solutions possible without creating a major business impact.
- Ensure full compliance on our fraud prevention processes
- Lead the payment fraud prevention area
- Creation of rules to detect and block fraudulent accounts
- Work closely with operational teams to improve their processes and create channels to send the accounts to be processed in the most efficient way possible.
- Create business cases to acquire internal or external resources from the product.
What you need to be successful:
- At least 5 years of experience in fraud prevention or similar positions
- Previous team management experience
- Proficiency in data management tools (SQL , R and Python) , at least 2 years of professional experience with them
- Knowledge of marketplace fraud prevention
- Good interpersonal skills
- Willingness to improve process and interact with different stakeholders to solve internal issues
- Previous experience in marketplace fraud prevention
- Fluent in English (German, French, Spanish and Italian are a plus)
- Analytical skills
- KYC knowledge and previous experience in a Fintech environment are also a plus
- IKnowledge of SQL , R and Python
- A team player with good interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Respectful and an active listener
- Negotiation and communication skills
- Able to maintain a positive mindset while working under pressure
- Maintain a positive mindset despite the challenges
- Act as a team player to accomplish the goals together
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Proactively propose solutions and ideas to improve our work
- Respect others and be an active listener
- Work with discipline and constancy
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
- Show negotiation skills to get into common ground with stakeholders
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.