About the opportunity
N26 is looking for an experienced Senior Manager Non-Financial Risk to further drive the implementation of the non-financial and operational risk management framework at a cutting-edge technology-driven bank, taking full ownership for assessing, controlling and reporting non-financial risks, and running the group Internal Control System (ICS) and Loss Database.
In this role, you will:
- Ensure the ongoing implementation of the operational risk management framework in close coordination with the various process and risk owners
- Implement and run the group Internal Control System (ICS) and Loss Database
- Design the continuous reporting and monitoring of risk parameters for non-financial risks
- Recommend risk mitigation options according to the bank’s risk appetite
- Establish and maintain the group’s process map and risk inventory
- Be responsible for various second line checks
- Deliver input for overall risk reports (including ICAAP, stress testing, etc.)
- Contribute to the development and optimization of the overall risk strategy ensuring adequate risk-bearing capacity based on regulatory requirements from an operational risk perspective
- Support the new products and markets processes through proper risk assessments, work as a business enabler for our product development
- Contribute to the risk reporting to N26 management and the advisory board
What you need to be successful:
- 5+ years of professional experience in financial services and non-financial risk management
(operational risk / internal controls) in a bank
- Extensive experience and familiarity with non-financial risks and operational risk management, Internal Control Systems (ICS) and Loss Databases
- Understanding of how to apply a non-financial risk framework to a wider group including operational risk, information technology and other regulatory regimes
- Profound knowledge of national and international regulations (especially MaRisk) - complemented by in-depth market, industry, and technology knowledge
- Ability to set-up new structures and processes in a fast changing & growing environment
- Strong analytical skill set
- Track record in project management and delivery
- An entrepreneurial vision, an autonomous attitude, and a ‘get things done’ approach
- Hands-on approach and eagerness to tackle new topics while demonstrating a quick grasp in conceptual project work and strategic thinking
- Fluent English and German
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.