About the opportunity
Location: Berlin or Madrid
We are looking for an experienced Senior Legal Counsel, who will partner with our Spanish team, the in-house legal team and management and will provide support on a wide range of legal matters related to N26 banking business and operations in Spain.
In this role, you will:
- Work in close collaboration with our Spanish General Manager and General Counsel advising in all areas of banking and banking supervisory law, general civil and commercial law, data privacy law, consumer and competition law, both under Spanish and EU law
- Support a variety of legal matters from answering internal legal questions or drawing up assessments and recommendations preparing communications to external parties, authorities and stakeholders
- You’ll be responsible for monitoring the legal and regulatory watch for Spain
- Support in structuring and maintaining the legal Know How as well as keeping contractual documentation up to date for Spain
- Review complex complaints cases and support in the handling of litigation cases before the Spanish courts
- After a reasonable onboarding period you will work independently on all legal topics related to the Spanish market which may include for instance all product segments for our Spanish market
What you need to be successful:
- You are thrilled with the idea of working in Europe's first mobile bank with European full banking license while reinventing banking for today’s digital world
- You are a fully qualified Spanish lawyer with 4+ professional experience
- You have already gained successful professional experience in a reputable law firm or in a legal department
- Ideally, you have graduated and/or have acquired work experience in banking law, banking supervisory law
- You are a Spanish native speaker and speak English fluently; you have outstanding writing skills in both Spanish and English languages
- You will be an ideal addition to the team and therefore have very good interpersonal skills, pragmatic thinking and working, have a certain zest for action in you
- You are hands-on and eager to tackle new topics while demonstrating a quick grasp and experience in conceptual project work
- You are a team player as well as you can work with a high degree of autonomy
- You bring along entrepreneurial vision, prudence in challenging markets and high commitment and initiative
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.