About the opportunity
We are seeking an experienced and engaged PR Lead to join N26’s DACH team. Based out of our Berlin headquarters, this team member will join a PR division that is made up of industry specialists of 8 nationalities based across Europe and the US, and tasked with growing the awareness and reputation of N26 in ways that are meaningful, impactful and sustainable.
The PR Lead for DACH will support the creation, execution and delivery of the DACH PR strategy for N26 across mainstream, business and consumer media, with specific focus building awareness for our products and brand. In close collaboration with local and global PR teams, the DACH PR Lead will drive local communications efforts to strengthen our brand positioning and reputation in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
This team member will be responsible for driving impact with top tier mainstream, business and industry press in N26’s home market, running a day-to-day press office function, as well as coordinating media opportunities, speaking engagements and press events.
In this role, you will:
- Drive creation and delivery of the DACH PR strategy for N26 across different channels, in close alignment with the company’s global PR strategy and local market priorities.
- Develop local PR initiatives, campaigns and positioning, developing these into meaningful narratives, stories and media hooks to support the global and local PR strategy.
- Grow a strong network of senior media contacts in mainstream and business media, and act as go-to-person for all their requests
- Work alongside the General Manager, Consumer PR Specialist and DACH marketing team to increase awareness of N26 in key audiences across Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- Work in close collaboration with the Marketing team (Content, Social Media, Partnerships, SEO) to align and coordinate global & local campaigns.
- Coordinate projects with our external PR agency where relevant
- Drive impact through creative and clever consumer stories, angles and activations
- Effectively measure the success of your activities
What you need to be successful:
- 5-8 years of professional experience in journalism and/ or media relations, either in a PR agency or an in-house PR / communications department.
- Academic degree in Public Relations, Communications or equivalent experience.
- Experienced in working in a fast paced tech focused organization / working for clients from the consumer or tech space.
- Deep knowledge of the business and tech media landscape in Germany, with a strong network of media contacts across mainstream, business and tech media.
- Deep knowledge of traditional communications and the PR craft, with an appetite to disrupt the status quo.
- Experience in working with or coordinating a PR agency
- Ability to develop and adjust storytelling across different audiences such as tech, business, finance, lifestyle & end consumers.
- Creative storyteller that can proactively identify opportunities to create content that can be shared widely.
- Ability to proactively identify opportunities in a rapidly growing and changing working environment and delivering solutions where they count
- Capable of making decisions in high-pressure situations while maintaining a keen attention to detail.
- Experience in managing senior stakeholders and working in a cross-functional team.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in German and English.
- Strong analytical and verbal communication skills, as well as the affinity to adapt communication styles across a variety of audiences
- The ability to refine other people’s ideas and come up with new ones to create things better
- Flexibility and adaptability, with strong prioritization skills
- Adept relationship building skills and stakeholder management muscle
- Flourishes in a fast-paced environment
- Accurate, meticulous, with high attention to detail
- You are well organized and a self-starter
- You are excited to learn and grow, and to help others do the same
- You enjoy enabling others to drive team success
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.