About the opportunity
We are looking for a highly motivated New York based Head of Compliance to lead and oversee our U.S. compliance and AML programs. As a member of the U.S. leadership team, the role will be instrumental in maintaining a best in class compliance department at a fast-paced international FinTech. The ideal candidate is a seasoned manager well versed with U.S. banking laws and regulations, with a strong focus on AML and looking for a unique opportunity to help scale our growing U.S. business.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the implementation, administration and ongoing oversight of our U.S. compliance and AML programs, and N26 Group compliance standards applicable to the U.S.
- Collaborate effectively with our Product and Tech organizations to build scalable and compliant customer facing products and processes.
- Provide guidance to internal stakeholders and draft memoranda on A-Z regulatory and AML compliance topics.
- Establish and maintain supervisory policies and procedures designed to prevent violations of laws and regulations.
- Develop and implement risk assessment practices and design transactional, periodic, and testing programs to assess the adequacy of N26’s policies and procedures.
- Assist in implementing corrective actions as identified by any testing programs.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for communications and requests from our partner bank and regulators, including managing regulatory examinations, testing and audits.
- Oversee regulatory compliance and AML training programs.
- Ensure timely and accurate regulatory reporting.
- Oversee the structuring, development and supervision of the Compliance and AML teams and staff as we grow our U.S. business.
- Monitor marketing activities and review proposals, marketing materials, customer communications, and social media submissions, as appropriate.
- Assess compliance risks arising from new products and services, and review policies and procedures and process changes to mitigate risk.
What you need to be successful:
- 8-12 years of experience working with financial institutions (preferably FinTechs).
- CAMS certified (preferred)
- “Getting to yes" attitude
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience interacting with U.S. regulators, particular the OCC, FDIC, CFPB and/or FRB
- Comfortable working in a high performance environment with a substantial degree of autonomy
- You have an intrinsic adaptability and ability to grow with new challenges. An “Out of the box” mindset, pragmatic thinking are among your strengths
- Ability to manage special projects and corporate initiatives and improve processes
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Have a strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
Our app attracts over 10k new users every day, primarily through word of mouth. We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York, São Paulo and Vienna.N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.