About the opportunity
We are seeking a seasoned and experienced Corporate Communications leader who will be responsible for building out N26’s corporate reputation strategy.
Working as the Head of N26’s Corporate Communications team, you will work closely with a team of international communications experts in a global hub role, to help drive awareness and trust for N26 to build value, trust and credibility for the brand and company as we continue to accelerate our growth trajectory.
In this role, you will:
- Build and execute a corporate communications strategy, and deliver key campaigns, initiatives and milestone announcements for the N26 business
- Work closely with our founders, leadership and senior stakeholders on compliance and regulatory topics as a trusted advisor to management
- Oversee responses to media queries from both global and German press on key company topics
- Draft key company announcements, reactive communications and thought leadership pieces
- Collaborate closely with our crisis and reputation and internal communications team to align a single unified comms approach to address key reputational threats
- Lead communications approach on key strategic topics for our business, working closely with our broader communications team, business stakeholders and local market specialists
- Define the key messages on sensitive or strategic topics as part of a coherent global growth narrative
What you need to be successful:
- 15+ years of PR or corporate communications experience in-house or at an agency
- 6+ years of leadership experience with a global scope or in a central role within an international team
- Experience working at a fast-paced, global company and dynamic corporate environment
- Experience in crisis and issues management
- Experience in financial comms and investor relations a plus
- Proven track record of having built up strong and respected relationships with key media contacts in Germany and at global media publications
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong stakeholder manager able to influence and advise at a senior level
- Proactive self-starter and collaborative team player
- Flexibility and adaptability to manage ambiguity as priorities change
- Excellent writing skills in English and German: a breadth of writing styles for both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and be able to deal with ambiguity and handle sensitive situations
- Adaptable and flexible leader that is quick to assess and adjust to change with a solutions-minded approach
- You keep calm under pressure and take complete ownership of your tasks from start to finish
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.