About the opportunity
We are looking for a Product Designer to join us in redefining what a modern banking experience looks and feels like.
Join our N26 Experience Design team (NXD) of more than 35 designers and researchers all around our offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Vienna and New York!
You will create innovative and desirable experiences by listening and engaging with people, applying design and research methods and strategies to create value, both for users and the business.
Let's build a bank that the world loves to use!
In this role, you will:
- Work together with product management and engineering to ensure the team delivers an impactful and exceptional user experience.
- Be part of the NXD Leadership team, reporting to the Director of UX and working together with other Heads of Product Design and User Research.
- Mentor the team on design and research processes and guide them to high quality design outcomes.
- Contribute to strategic decision making with the rest of the product teams.
- Ensure all the members of your team have a direction set in terms of goals and expected outcomes.
- Support and lead teams by applying your craft: strategic design methods, facilitation, mentorship, user research analysis, efficient design processes
- Nurture a healthy happy team culture that supports professional growth and innovative work.
- Support the hiring process and be a part of every major decision within the NXD team.
What you need to be successful:
- You have experience building and leading a small to midsize design team and managing career journeys in product led organizations.
- You are an advocate for the customer and understand how to connect user research and design decisions with business goals.
- You have experience working within product development teams in agile environments.
- You are a business brain with a strong understanding of product management needs and product metrics.
- You have done research or/and designed excellent digital products and experiences for 8+ years in a cross-functional product organisation.
- Excellent communication is in your nature, you know how to get buy in from stakeholders with your ideas on banking in the future
Nice to have:
- Experience integrating user research to digital products and
- Being a customer of a digital bank
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Health & Life insurance, personal development budget, Spanish language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 24 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 28 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.