About the opportunity
We are seeking a Social Media Manager to join our N26 Team in Madrid. In this role you will own the Social Media strategy of N26 in Spain, driving the local strategy to strengthen the positioning, awareness, engagement & reputation of the company in the market.
In this role, you will be part of the amazing marketing team ;) having the opportunity to build and scale this area. You'll combine your entrepreneurial and cutting edge ideas within the community management space to create an innovative community management practice that is critical to our business growth and brand positioning.
We are a team of ambitious people and love to push the envelope - no day will be the same. You’ll be encouraged to be the best you can be by taking on diverse challenges as we continue to scale the company and expand our customer base across the world.
In this role, you will:
- Oversee all community management (drafting FAQs & briefing care team) and consumer engagement (reactive trends & reporting) across all local N26 social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook and other global channels LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitch or Instagram.
- Plan the Spanish social content calendar (align to the content pillars, initiate key moments and keep our share of voice high) across our social media platforms, working closely with the Global Social Media and Spanish Marketing team.
- Plan the social media strategy for Spain, creating and managing product and content campaigns (organic and ATL).
- Think strategically and creatively on how best to utilise our social media channels and those of our brand partners.
- Manage external agencies and Influencers campaigns.
- Liaise with the creative studio to increase reach & engagement. Collaborating with creative and content teams to help ideate, create and execute engaging social content, initiatives and campaigns.
- Establish and share best practice and growth strategies across platforms and countries across multiple platforms.
- Be active in social listening and monitoring across channels and make clear recommendations to help maximize our community-building efforts and proactively find ways to improve.
- Cut and adjust images and video for reactive social use and submit for studio review.
- Work cross-functionally with all local and global marketing teams, PR, design, customer service, senior leadership and local market stakeholders to reinforce and maximize our local social media channels and ensure all customer inquiries are resolved promptly and that potential issues are escalated in a timely and appropriate manner.
What you need to be successful:
- At least 3-5 years of experience as a Social Media Manager for a consumer or lifestyle brand, banking, fintech or technology startup, or other related industry (either in-house or in agency).
- Experienced in developing the analytics framework, establishing KPIs, reports and identifying key insights.
- Proven experience at growing and managing an online community and building a community of influencers.
- You know how to handle platforms natively or through management tools (such as Khoros).
- Ability to work independently and take ownership while still being a team player who is always ready to help others. We’re looking for someone with a proven track record in project management who can rally the troops and deliver.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including understanding of tone of voice
- A keen sense of judgement and flexibility to manage competing or shifting priorities
- A strong diligence and attention to detail when it comes to hashtags, copy, URLs, etc.
- High degree of comfort working internationally with various stakeholders across our offices
- Proven experience in paid social media, targeting and strategy.
- Drive for action accountability and ability to handle a multitude of projects
- Business proficiency in English
- Drive, creativity, open and a sense of humor!
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.