About the opportunity
The Finance & Strategy team is going through a very exciting period, as we are building out the Group Finance functions unit and all the group processes, to enable the transition of N26 from a European scale-up to a globally operating, digital challenger bank, with the ambition to go public in the mid-term.
Developing a suite of Banking Products and penetrating more deeply into the credit space, and thus leveraging our growing Balance Sheet to fuel margins, is a huge opportunity and a strategic priority for the next few years.
All about you
You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and you have the ambition and the leadership to build out your own area; you are passionate about the digital banking space and you have knowledge and experience with credit banking products. You have several years of experience as a Finance Business Partner of a product or commercial organization, and a track record in supporting strategy development, financial analysis, and shaping financial plans to reach objectives. Equipped with a solid business acumen you naturally build relationships in a multi-functional team and you gain trust from your peers and management.
Once here you will
- Support Product senior management and their teams, and be a member of a segment leadership team
- Support strategy development with financials, and partner with the business to shape strategies and financial plans to reach objectives
- Take responsibility for the achievement of financial targets, and providing transparency on segment financials and KPIs through e.g. dashboards (with support from the Data team)
- Provide financial analysis support to the business team, for example on business cases for new products, or major strategic initiatives to complete our product portfolio
- Lead the budgeting and planning process for your segment, and partner with the corporate FP&A team in the financial planning process
- Continuously develop and improve our tools and processes to support business analysis, including digitization and automation
- Coach your business team and colleagues in Finance
- Be a part of the Group FP&A and Finance Business Partnering team, who support the N26 executive team
What you will bring along
- Masters degree in Business, Management or Finance required, or a combination of an MBA plus a (non-)business degree
- Solid track record as Finance Business Partner of a product or commercial organization with 4-6 years professional experience; additional experience in a strategy team is a plus
- Prior experience in financial services, in (Fin)Tech, in a scale-up, or an innovative and fast-paced corporate is required; knowledge of and experience with (credit) banking products and their requirements (risk management, capital requirements)
- Strong personal leadership and stakeholder management skills are required
- You build relationships across levels and functions, enabling you to create buy-in and support to overcome challenges and establish new processes
- You feel comfortable navigating the uncertain, and you have the necessary resilience to learn from set-backs and course-correct
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, drawing conclusions and insights from data
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.