About the opportunity
You will join as a Staff Engineer of the Acquire segment (aka. Business unit). In this segment we’re focusing on creating shockingly smooth on-boarding experience for N26 customers and create sustainable growth by optimising organic growth channels.
In this role you will:
- Work in cross-functional teams, understand how the entire puzzle fits together instead of just being a solitary piece
- Take ownership and have an impact on the product
- Ask "Why?" and be prepared to be asked "What do you think about it?"
- Engage in knowledge-sharing within your team and strongly advocate for a culture of communication and mentorship
- Understand and work with Agile development methodologies
You will be the perfect fit if:
- You strive to build Android applications that can be summarized as RSA - Responsive, Slick and Attractive. You also understand why RSA is important for a Mobile Bank from a cryptographic point of view.
- Code quality tingles your senses - you can see, feel and smell the difference between good and bad architecture.
- You engage in proactive software development but still understand Reactive programming paradigms.
- Test cases are the first things you think of before building a feature and the last things you check before pushing your code.
What you bring along:
- Deep knowledge of Kotlin and Java
- Thorough experience with the Android Open Source Platform and Jetpack libraries
- Experience in building components that act as a foundation for your fellow Engineers
- Outstanding communication skills, and the ability to drive iterations to improve even further your work
- Able to build software with a focus on testability and reliability
- Experience with android infrastructure paradigms (Optimising build times, gradle plugins)
- Extensive experience with CI/CD for mobile
What’s in it for you
Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
Personal development budget, subsidized public transit pass, fitness memberships, N26 premium bank card, German language classes, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has re-imagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
We highly encourage people from under-represented groups in tech to apply.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status