In this role, you will:
- Manage Compliance oversight of the activities of N26 Group in it’s engagement with internal non-Compliance stakeholders and the Compliance agenda.
- Provide proactive feedback to non-Compliance stakeholders of compliance needs and communicate on business needs.
- Building and leading the Product and Platform Compliance Function.
- Promote a strong Compliance culture throughout N26.
- Ensure internal alignment in the Compliance Department
- Lead & own the Compliance Program
- Refine, communicate and feedback Compliance requirements or concerns to non-Compliance teams
- Execute Compliance strategy implementation.
- Ensure strategic cohesion of Compliance Strategy with N26 strategy.
- Act as the supporting function to the management of the Compliance Roadmap by: (i) identifying risks, (ii) identifying stakeholders, (iii) removing dependencies, (iv) clarifying requirements, (iv) communicating capacity and time limitations.
- Participate on people management tasks (eg. interview processes) as well as support and promote development of team members.
What you need to be successful:
- Financial law, Banking Business or STEM. MBA is a plus
- Strong technical background with a combined +8 years’ experience in a (i) Compliance, or Legal environment, and (ii) product/project management with proven experience in practical implementation.
- Ability to understand and interpret the following:
- Business interests as Compliance risk
- Compliance interests with business impact
- Understanding of Bank's legal AML-FT obligations, at a european and local level.
- Desire of experience working in cross-functional teams with diverse incentives.
- Leadership strengths demonstrated by experience, with the capability and willingness to lead by high example.
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.