About the opportunity
We are seeking a pragmatic Front End Engineer to join our small (but mighty) web team here in NYC to help us, both globally and locally, build products that enable our teams to work at the highest level and bring delight to our end users.
Though our product is mobile focused, the Front End team plays a vital role in how people interact with our products both internally and externally. You’ll be joining an exemplary team within N26 where accessibility, testability, and simplicity are always part of the conversation
If you can operate with a high degree of autonomy while collaborating globally; working with cutting edge technologies, and getting things done while striving for constant growth, personally and professionally; let's build banking technology that the world loves to use.
In this role, you will:
- Join our cross-disciplinary teams to work on N26 projects. Working on things like expanding our US product, improving great products like Spaces, and enhancing the initial experience for new customers
- Help us elevate the on boarding experience by building features and processes that guide new users through the account creation process all the way through adding their first funds to their account
- Work on improving the US team's internal tooling and help create a better quality of life for our users and employees
- Create within a modern unified tech stack with main components like Express, React, Apollo GraphQL, and CSS-in-JS (with Fela) just to name a few
- Operate in an environment with extensive documentation and a strong focus on testing. (We use things like Jest for unit testing, Pa11y for accessibility, and Cypress for end-to-end testing)
What you need to be successful:
- Ideally 4+ years of front-end focused development
- Experience working in a team and are looking forward to mentoring more junior members, creating a healthy work environment where people can thrive and contribute to N26 products
- An understanding of how focusing on things like security, design, performance, and accessibility elevate the experience of our users
- Excellent communication skills with a penchant for inclusivity and global empathy
- Strong bias for action, and getting things done
- Ongoing appreciation and consideration for security
- Motivation to write code which is well-tested and well-documented
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
Who we are
N26 is the mobile banking platform that is redesigning banking for the 21st century. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
N26 launched in the U.S. in 2019 and already has over 500,000 customers. We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has more than 7 million customers in 25 markets across the world. The company employs more than 1,500 employees across 8 office locations: Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.