About the opportunity
Our Core & Compliance segment’s mission is to build the most flexible, compliant and cost efficient global core banking service which can power N26 to reach the next 100 million customers.
The Core product segment at N26 looks after all the financial backend of N26, working closely with members from our Bank, Legal, Compliance but also Commercial departments. The team is responsible for building a strong aligned stack across all of our markets, delivering the backbone for scaling our business while addressing compliance needs.
We are looking for a data-driven, technically savvy, Head of Product to build the infrastructure of the future bank and help deliver key growth and operational metrics.
In this role, you will:
- Lead and develop the Core & Compliance product domain and a team of high performing product managers to deliver a world class financial technology infrastructure, fully compliant and user-centric.
- Develop and execute on a strategy for the evolution of N26’s core banking product, its interactions with the rest of the organization, its global rollout and the decision to build vs buy.
- Build strong relationships with Bank, Legal and Compliance to align on priority and build a core banking system that will support N26’s ambitions.
- Own the core banking product roadmap and OKRs, regularly sharing insights and results to C-level staff, board members, and other key stakeholders.
- Act as a role model for the product and organisational culture.
- Engage other segment leads to ensure a seamless user experience.
- Work closely with cross-functional leaders in the segment to ensure that teams are set up for success.
What you need to be successful:
- Proven track record of building a scalable and efficient core banking/ financial backend system in a mature fintech startup or similar environment.
- Deep understanding of banking ecosystem, retail/corporate banking products life cycle, accounting and back-office operations
- Strong analytical capabilities and ways of looking at data to tell a coherent, persuasive, multi-dimensional story.
- Strong technical understanding and exposure to the latest emerging core banking trends such as API banking, Digital banking and Cloud adoption.
- Well-honed people leadership skills, with a history of building and leading high-performing product teams.
- Exceptional analytical, verbal, and written communication skills, including trade-off management and conflict resolution.
- Extensive experience working with agile methodologies, leading multiple streams of complex work, and communicating and instilling the vision across Product, Tech, and partner teams to achieve a clear focus.
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.