About the opportunity
We are looking for a Product Designer to join us in redefining what a modern banking experience looks and feels like. You will be a part of our growing US team, and play a vital role in the product development cycle by being the voice of our customers, and helping our product succeed in the mobile banking space.
Our N26 Experience Design team (NXD) has more than 35 designers and researchers across our offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Vienna and New York, and is growing.
As a member of the team, you will get to create innovative and desirable experiences by listening and engaging with people, applying design and research methods and strategies to create value, both for users and the business.
Let's build the bank the world loves to use!
Once here you will
- Own the designs you ship to drive the UX and Product metrics for your team**.** Take charge of the entire design process from initial research, ideation, concepting, detailed design, to testing and validation
- Work closely with product managers and engineers to turn user problems into product opportunities. Be an active collaborator that oversees the development of a product from problem definition to release
- Bring delight to banking experience. Design mobile and web interfaces that are incredibly simple, elegant, and enjoyable for customers.
- Embrace our design system. Work with design teammates to develop and expand on the design system
- Work with agile processes. Partner with product management, engineering, data analytics and other stakeholders to ship our designs effectively
- Have a growth mindset. Seek and give feedback, in order to continually learn and grow
- Be the voice of the customer. Help your team understand the needs, challenges and wishes of customers today and in the future
What you will bring along
- 3+ years designing excellent digital products as part of a cross-functional team in an agile ecosystem
- A proven track record of applying design process and delivering pixel-perfect interfaces
- Experience designing with a Design System, and making your design decisions based on customer feedback and data
- You are skilled in most if not all of the following: Conceptual design, user research, wireframing, UI prototyping, detailed design for implementation, usability testing, and designing for A/B testing
- Experience driving the design process and bringing your collaborator along. This includes applying methods like: Google Design Sprint, Opportunity Solution Tree, Jobs-to-be-done, User Story Mapping, etc
- Great product thinking. You bring careful consideration of both business needs and tech constraints into your designs
- Competence in industry standard design and research tools (Adobe CC, Sketch, Figma, InVision, Lookback, User testing etc…)
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to articulate your design decisions
Who we are
N26 is the mobile banking platform that is redesigning banking for the 21st century. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
N26 launched in the U.S. in 2019 and already has over 500,000 customers. We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has more than 7 million customers in 25 markets across the world. The company employs more than 1,500 employees across 8 office locations: Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.