About the opportunity
We are seeking a Director of Banking Strategy and Excellence to lead our core strategic and operational banking projects that will scale our digital banking platforms and products for the global stage.
In this role, you will:
- Assume responsibility for the implementation, development and improvement of our banking strategies and operational delivery across banking operations, business and corporate development
- Manage the overall program management of the banking division including business development, project portfolio management and the management of our PMO resources
- Lead cross-functional strategic projects that will shape the future of our banking platform and product offerings
- Lead procedures within the N26 ecosystem as well as the operational readiness for new products
- Drive and manage the KPI and reporting framework of the division
- Drive organisational success by leading major banking projects and program streams in areas such as compliance, AFC, and complaints
- Ensure our global banking operations are ready for new product launches and global scalability
- Collaborate with multiple internal stakeholders across product management, bank entities, risk, and compliance teams
- Leverage data to refine and further develop key metrics to measure quality and efficiency of our banking processes and services
- Mentor, coach, and inspire a highly talented team of 60+
What you need to be successful:
- At least 8 years of experience in business- or corporate development, strategy, project management, or consulting in the financial services industry with a preference for fintech or technology-driven companies
- A strategic and innovative mindset, supported by advanced analytical abilities
- Business-oriented thinking and conduct, and show a hands-on and delivery-focused approach
- Outstanding communication and relationship management skills, with the ability to build relationships with stakeholders across all levels
- Demonstrated people leadership experience, with a track record of building and leading high-performing teams
- Flexibility, the ability to meet deadlines, and changing direction when needed
- KPIs and performance measurement are second nature, you are able to take strategic decisions based on data insights
- Fluency in English, German is a plus
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup Employer, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Dogs in the office - bring your canine companion twice per week
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks, snacks, complimentary lunch on Wednesdays, plus pizza, wine and beer on Fridays
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.