About the opportunity
It’s an exciting time to join the Finance & Strategy team, as we are right in the middle of developing the newly established Group Finance team and all group processes. A step-change of the Finance organization and our processes is required to enable the transition of N26 from a young start-up in Europe to a global bank with a complete and holistic product portfolio.
If you are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, are an expert in business controlling and are skilled at developing strong relationships across an organisation...then keep on reading, this job might be the right one for you.
In this role, you will:
- Be part of the Group FP&A and Controlling team, which supports the senior executive team
- Support the operations and banking management teams, providing decision-making support from a financial point of view
- Track performance against KPIs
- Deliver regular management reporting updates with analysis and discussion of financial and non-financial KPIs
- Play an active role in the introduction of an MIS
- Collaborate with the rest of the FP&A team, providing insights and the “story” behind the numbers
- Identify risks and opportunities
- Be a thought-leader in your area
- Help develop tools and processes to continuously improve business controlling
- Support investment decisions and analyse their subsequent performance
- Contribute to major intra- and interdepartmental projects
- Deputize for the Business Controlling manager and other teammates
What you need to be successful:
- Relevant degree (Bachelor or above) or professional qualification (such as CIMA/ CFA)
- Minimum 5 years of professional controlling or management consulting experience, preferably with a strong background in operations or shared service centre controlling
- In-depth understanding of business controlling and accounting
- Demonstrable experience working as a trusted business partner to operational management
- Strong personal leadership, highly motivated, curious to learn and develop
- Resilience, proven ability to learn from setbacks and course-correct
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Financial modelling skills are highly desirable
- Analytically strong, attention to detail, able to draw conclusions and insights from data
- Fluent in English, other languages are a plus
- Advanced skills in MS Office
- Familiarity with ERP systems desired (reporting/ end user skills)
- Experience in banking or in supply chain or manufacturing controlling would be advantageous
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup Employer, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Dogs in the office - bring your canine companion twice per week
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks, snacks, complimentary lunch on Wednesdays, plus pizza, wine and beer on Fridays
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.