All successful applicants are required to attend a recruiting event in Vienna on November 25th or 26th, all travel expenses will be covered.
Please note this role is based in Vienna and you must be willing to relocate to this location if successful. Full relocation package on offer for successful candidates.
We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 3.5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 1500 employees in 5 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation.
We have very exciting opportunities for Senior Software Engineers experienced in Java and/or Kotlin development. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to work with an exceptionally talented tech team, who will provide regular and mentoring & coaching to improve your skills and guide your career at N26. You will also have the opportunity yourself to mentor and coach mid and junior engineers.
These roles are based out of our new tech hub in Vienna.
- Together with your cross-functional team you work to evolve the product powered by a microservice architecture mainly written in Java 8 and Kotlin, using Spring Boot
- Collaborate closely with your Tech Lead on architecting new features and seeing them through to completion
- Mentor junior members in the team by relentlessly guarding code quality through pull requests and helping them when they have questions
- Stay up to date with the latest trends in technology and you are not afraid to propose some findings during our GSDD.
What you’ll bring along
- You have significant experience in developing software using Java 8 or Kotlin and Spring Boot in large-scale production systems.
- You have a sound understanding of microservice architecture.
- You are a person who loves to share your knowledge & learnings with the team.
- The ability to break down a complex problem into more manageable chunks.
- Next to speaking English fluently you are able to understand and translate business requirements.
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Getting things done attitude
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Travel in style with N26 Black
- Personal Development Budget
- Subsidized Transit Pass
- Perks including German Classes, Dogs @ Work, Urban Sports Club and more
- We offer a competitive salary for this position based on your qualification and experience.The starting range for this position starts at 65,000 gross euros per year
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.