We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 3.5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 1300 employees in 4 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
The Finance & Strategy team is going through a very exciting period, as we are right in the middle of developing the newly established Group Finance team and all group processes. A stepchange of the Finance organization and our processes is required to enable the transition of N26 from a young start-up in Europe to a global bank with a complete and holistic product portfolio.
If you are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, have the ambition and competencies to shape your area and team, have deep experience in business controlling and have demonstrated the ability to develop relationships and gain trust from management... then keep reading, this job might be the right one for you.
Once here you will
- Build and lead a high performing Group Business Controlling team, which oversees N26 business performance globally
- Be part of FP&A and Controlling, which supports the senior executive team
- Be the business partner of senior management and their teams, providing decision-making support on business cases from a financial point of view
- Support the strategy process and the development of KPIs, which you track and review with management
- Hold the organization accountable by monitoring closely our financial performance, and driving action towards achievement of objectives
- Provide a regular management reporting update to management, including analysis and discussion of the numbers/ KPIs (vs. plan, Y/Y, trends, etc.)
- Collaborate with the FP&A team across the entire financial planning process, providing insights and the “story” behind the numbers, challenging assumptions to ensure integrity and quality of the forecast, and identifying and managing risks and opportunities
- Lead all business controlling topics at group-level, be a thought-leader in your area, and develop tools/ tracking systems/ management reporting to support business analysis
- Design and implement processes to monitor, control, and influence our top- and bottom-line, and performance of major investments
- Lead, coach, and develop a team of business controllers of varying experience levels
What you will bring along
- Degree in Management/ Business, Masters/ MBA preferred
- In-depth understanding of business controlling, coupled with a solid, applied knowledge in accounting
- Minimum 5-7 years of professional experience, with a strong background in business and/ or corporate controlling
- Background in Tech or the industry is desired, familiarity with banks and financial institutions is a strong plus
- Demonstrated experience working as a business partner of (senior) management, and influencing decisions in a multi-functional context
- Prior experience in leading/ coaching a small team is highly desired
- Strong personal leadership, highly motivated, curious to learn and develop
- Resilience, proven ability to learn from set-backs and course-correct
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in English, other languages are a plus
- Analytically strong, attention to detail, able to draw conclusions and insights from data
- Advanced skills in MS Office/ Google Suite
- Familiarity with ERP systems desired (reporting/ end user skills), prior experience with an ERP introduction is a strong plus
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Getting things done attitude
- Keep up to date with our InsideN26 Magazine
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Travel in style with N26 You
- Personal Development Budget
- Subsidized transit pass
- Perks including German Classes, Dogs @ Work, Urban Sports Club and more
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.