We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 3.5 million customers across 26 markets. Our team of over 1300 employees in 5 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
As a Web Engineer, Assistance, you will be part of the team responsible for the development of our internal tools which include, for example, the web application used by our international operations teams or the framework used by other developers to build micro frontends.
Once here you will
- Implement new features in our internal web applications on an ongoing basis.
- Be in direct contact with the users of our applications to gather new requirements to improve their user experience and productivity.
- Actively discuss implementation details, software architecture, design and user experience together with the other team members.
- Work together with the product development teams and other departments who are using our internal tools.
- Embrace change and daily challenges while following the principles of the Agile development methodology.
What you’ll bring along
- Recent experience with React or another modern, component based web framework (Ember, Vue, Svelte, Angular, etc.) for the development of web applications.
- Experience with designing user interfaces and developing intuitive and robust user experiences.
- Awareness of web accessibility and web security topics.
- Familiarity with the Node.js ecosystem, including npm and popular libraries or frameworks.
- Experience with RESTful APIs or GraphQL APIs and their integration with web applications.
- A “test first” attitude, a passion for reading and writing good documentation and maybe a soft spot for TypeScript.
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Getting things done attitude
- Keep up to date with our InsideN26 Magazine
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Travel in style with N26 You
- Personal Development Budget
- Subsidized transit pass
- Perks including German Classes, Dogs @ Work, Urban Sports Club and more
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.