We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 2 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 500 employees in 3 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $215 million from investors including Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
The TechOps Segment at N26 is continuously trying to optimize and automate manual tasks to cope with the tremendous growth of the company, moving away from the traditional IT towards a more DevSecOps approach, relying on technology to empower people.
The Enterprise Systems Team, part of the TechOps Segment, builds and supports internal corporate infrastructure and services with a focus on simplifying the administration overhead and improving the productivity and efficiency of our colleagues. We manage the internal infrastructure and systems that power our users and our bank.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will work closely with our Security teams, who specialise in defense and penetration testing, as well as our SRE Platform Team looking after our infrastructure. Seamless cooperation between our core teams is essential and supported on all levels.
If you like to think outside the box, automate everything and make people's lives easier, we are looking for you!
Once Here You Will
- Own the system life cycle (requirements gathering, architecting, vetting, building, operational management, and team training) for on-premise and public cloud-based system infrastructure globally and at scale.
- Create accurate and clear technical documentation; develop support processes and procedures; provide training and support ownership hand-off to peers/organizational units.
- Participate in the on-call incident response rotation after normal business hours and on weekends
- Develop and improve instrumentation for monitoring the health, availability, security, efficiency, and scalability of our systems
- Improve operational efficiency via scripting, bots and integrations
- Manage a ticket queue of troubleshooting escalations, security vulnerability remediations and manual tasks that are not yet automated or require human touch
- Establish trust and strong relationships with senior leaders, operating managers, and professional staff across other teams as it pertains to infrastructure needs and systems
- Increase the productivity of our development teams by leading blameless postmortems
What You'll Bring Along
- Expert knowledge of Linux or Microsoft system administration (cloud or on-prem)
- Experience with the administration of Directory Services (AD/LDAP) and SSO
- Advanced experience using at least one configuration management tool at scale like Puppet, Chef, Sal, Terraform or Ansible.
- Demonstrated in-depth practice with computer infrastructure capacity design, provisioning and management utilizing public and private virtualization platforms such as VMware, AWS, GCP or Azure
- Knowledge of version control software, GitHub Enterprise preferred
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines and DevOps tooling
- Expertise in one or more high-level scripting languages (Python or Go preferred)
- Experience in coordinating technology decisions with architectural requirements and constraints
- Experience participating in an on-call rotation
Nice to have:
- Experience in both Linux and Windows systems administration.
- Experience on on-prem virtualization like VMware ESXi.
- Experience managing banking or financial systems.
What We Offer
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Freedom to prototype based on the challenges we face
- Getting things done attitude
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Exciting challenges
- Personalized onboarding
- Interesting technical problems to solve as we scale
- Working with engaged, smart engineers
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website.