We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 3.5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 1300 employees in 4 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
The Senior Banking Operations Manager will contribute to the continued growth at N26 by designing, implementing and running our Banking Operations department.
This is an incredible opportunity to leverage your expertise into an early stage and forward thinking organization and shape a significant piece of the business.
You’ll use your expertise coupled with your passion for innovation and automation to make a substantial and tangible impact internally and to our customers.
Join us on this exciting journey where no day will be the same. We’ll encourage you to jump in and drive the development of your role as there will be many opportunities to take on diverse challenges, run projects, and drive corporate initiatives as we continue to grow and navigate this exciting space!
Once Here You Will:
- Devise and implement scalable Banking Operations processes and standards to ensure a positive customer experience, a controlled operating environment, and internal efficiency.
- Build and lead a high performance team of Banking Operations Analysts.
- Address a number of topics including: General Banking/Payments, Digital and Online Banking, ACH Processing, AML Operations and KYC.
- Act as lead on special projects and corporate initiatives related to your area.
- Ensure that all processes and procedures are compliant with various legal and banking regulations and are well documented / implemented across the organization.
- Provide support for Card Operations (including disputes, chargebacks and fraud monitoring).
What You Will Bring Along
- 5 to 7+ years of leadership experience in Banking Operations and/or Financial services.
- Expertise across payment and banking operations including: claims, insolvencies, consumer complaints, account closures, returned cards, reconciliation, reporting and more.
- Expertise in designing, implementing and managing all facets of banking operations systems.
- Detailed knowledge of FRB, NACHA and VISA or MasterCard Debit/ATM operations.
- One or more of the following accreditations is preferred: AAP, APRP and NCP.
- Previous experience in Claims (Garnishments, Insolvencies), Transactional Banking (Card Disputes & Payment Investigations), Consumer Complaints and other Banking Operations functions.
- Comfortable working in a high performance environment with a substantial degree of autonomy.
- Ability to drive special projects and corporate initiatives.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree or qualification in a relevant business discipline highly desired.
What we offer
- Working with diverse, highly engaged peers
- A crucial role in a highly motivated, talented and international team
- High degree of autonomy
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Self-improvement budget to spend on attending conferences, taking courses, and purchasing books
- Competitive remuneration
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Meet the Team
The N26 US team is a group of unique and talented people consisting of alumni from Stanford, Northwestern, Duke, Syracuse, Villanova, and University of California, University of Denver, just to name a few! Many of us have gained our previous work experience at companies like Dow Jones, The New York Times, Expedia, PwC, J.P. Morgan, Etsy, Dish Network, Sling TV, Western Union and Morgan Stanley.
As far as fun facts go, our team is comprised of two NYC marathon finishers, a former sushi chef, a former competitive wakeboarder, and a certified yoga instructor. Collectively, we speak English, German, Greek, French, Spanish, Italian, Cantonese, Portuguese, Urdu and Hebrew.