Please note this role can be based in Berlin and you must be willing to relocate to this location if successful. Full relocation package on offer for successful candidates.
We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 3.5 million customers across 26 markets. Our team of over 1300 employees in 5 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
Once here you will
- Use software engineering skills to design, build, and maintain the core security infrastructure.
- Architect and develop solutions that will advance internal security monitoring & controls such as auditing services, horizontal access control systems, Intrusion detection systems, etc.
- Own solutions and frameworks that address current and future threats.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Perform reactive incident response when a security event occurs.
- Perform proactive research to detect new attack vectors.
- Educate technical and non-technical staff through our security awareness training program.
What you will bring along
- Software engineering experience in at least one of the following languages: Java, Kotlin, Go, Python.
- Previous experience architecting and developing complex systems and good understanding of scalable microservice architecture
- Deep understanding of Linux and able to write shell scripts.
- Deep understanding and experience working with cloud environments (ideally AWS)
- Deep understanding of internet and computer networks (DNS, TCP/UDP, VPN, TLS, OSI model, etc)
- Experience with modern engineering practices such as infrastructure as code, Agile, and resilient architecture.
- Passion about infrastructure and security.
- Writing defensive, high-quality code that addresses real-world engineering and security problems.
- Ability to correctly balance security risk and product advancement.
- Hands-on attitude and ability to drive solutions to completion.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Growth mindset targeted at learning and pushing the team forward.
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy while working with international, highly skilled peers in a hyper-growth environment
- Individual Personal Development Budget --> Find a career path. Not just a job.
- Working with cutting edge technologies
- Getting things done attitude
- Subsidized Public Transport Pass
- Travel in style with N26 You
- Perks including German classes, Dogs @ office, Urban Sports Club Membership and other employee discount codes
- Drinks, snacks, fruits and vegetables, as well as Brown-bag lunch every Wednesday and Friday Pizza
- Exciting challenges, about which you can keep up-to-date in our InsideN26 Magazine
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.