We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 3.5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 1300 employees in 4 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a strong desire to build and maintain a best in class AML and AFC program. The ideal candidate is well versed with Brazilian AML laws and regulations as well as the practical and operational set-up and management of financial crime, looking for a unique opportunity to gain invaluable experience. As an early hire, you will be directly responsible for defining and implementing our AML and AFC program in Brazil to support a growing, global fintech company.
Once here you will
- Be responsible to manage relationships with AML vendors and auditors independently
- Develop a holistic AML and AFC program ranging from the regulatory and compliance perspective, to the operational and financial view as well as the implementation of the right technology and data to measure effectiveness create customised suspicious activity scenarios
- Draft and update AML policies and procedures
- Build out a team to monitor and analyse** accounts** for unusual or suspicious activity through alerts generated by N26’s anti-money laundering system, but also be hands-on and do it yourself in the beginning
- Create and file questionable/suspicious activity reports
- Communicate with management on CDD/EDD deficiencies detected during account monitoring
- Maintain proficiency in all aspects of AML compliance, develop and administer N26 training material and attend training as assigned
What you’ll bring along
- Ideally, you have 6+ years prior experience in fintech, banking, consulting, regulated industry or consulting in Brazil; regulatory or financial reporting is a plus
- A very strongly data-driven mindset
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) and in-depth knowledge of AML regulation
- An independently and proactively approach to new topics, and demonstrate outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written in English
- Familiarity with banking operations
What we offer
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Getting things done attitude
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Be part of the digital banking revolution
- Exciting challenges as we scale
- The opportunity to take charge of our Brazilian market
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.