We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 3.5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 1300 employees in 4 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
The Security Team at N26 is part of the System Engineering Group (which also includes the Site Reliability Engineering Team). In their day-to-day work, the Security Team interacts with a variety of stakeholders; most notably, developers from product teams, AML, the N26 Bank entity and TechOps (OfficeIT).
Once Here You Will
- Manage planning and review sessions and create roadmaps
- Maintain and refine the backlog
- Set (weekly) sprint goals
- Manage and prioritise incoming requests from different stakeholders
- Take the lead on various security initiatives (such as Trust or Product Engineering) while delivering other cross-functional projects
- Create/refine processes
- Cultivate agile values and continuous improvement to ways of working
- Find creative ways for changing the mindset from reactivity to planning
- Develop a thorough understanding of technical issues
- Manage promoting the security mindset and culture across all organisation
- Enable continuous improvement during projects, ensuring learnings are documented and shared with other tech teams
- Manage stakeholders effectively
- Continuously improve the cooperation of the security team with other departments at N26
What You'll Bring Along
- Excellent project management skills
- Sound knowledge in product management
- Basic familiarity with security topics
- Deep familiarity with the software development life cycle
- Solid educational background or practical experience in a similar role is critical
- Sound knowledge of Agile methodology
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Excellent multi-tasking, as we grow fast and changes come up frequently
- Knowledge of the products we offer and passion for N26
- Experience managing a portfolio of projects designed to establish process and mitigate fraud, and user risk
- Technical background in the field of security engineering
- Experience working with engineering managers, product owners and security engineers
- Experience with cloud computing, containerisation, orchestration
What we offer
- Individual Personal Development Budget
- Work in a startup with a growing customer base and an exciting product roadmap
- A friendly team of colleagues of diverse nationalities, life experiences and family statuses
- High degree of autonomy in a strong collaborative environment with a day to day communication in English
- A company committed to championing diversity and inclusion, and supporting colleagues regardless of race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, ethnic or national origin
- A wide range of employee benefits and perks including a premium bank account, subsidised Public Transport pass, German classes, Dogs @ office, Urban Sports Club Membership and other employee discount codes
- The ability to take part in our Get Stuff Done Days (2 free days every 6 weeks to focus on what you want to focus on)
- Drinks, snacks, fruits and vegetables, as well as Brown-bag lunch every Wednesday and Friday Pizza
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.