We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 2.4 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 800 employees in 3 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
Once Here You Will
We are looking for an experienced and motivated professional to help establish and carry out ACH-related processes within our US Operations team with highest efficiency for our customers.
As a member of the banking operations team, you will focus primarily on supporting all aspects of ACH operations
Process exception files daily, including handling ACH returns and NOC’s, over-limit exceptions, and file information inaccuracies.
Research and resolve ACH inquiries from clients and other banks.
Maintain account analysis input including but not limited to new customer set up, monthly processing and returns.
Maintain current knowledge of ACH rules and standard controls.
Adhere to operational controls, including applicable laws, rules and regulations impacting ACH services and policies such as the Bank Secrecy Act, Office of Foreign Assets Controls, NACHA Rules, Regulation E and Universal Commercial Code to ensure the safety and soundness of N26
In addition to ACH, you may also provide support on a range of processes across Payment and banking operations (including claims, insolvencies, ACH payment investigations and disputes, account closures, returned cards, reconciliation, reporting)
You will work on all processes in your area with a substantial degree of autonomy, and be the first person at hand if any issues arise.
This role is key to the hub of our US operations, and you will be constantly working to remove inefficiencies, and improve our back-office systems.
Whether it’s claims management through data analysis and customer communication, or payment investigations- it is up to you to define the diversity of the role with the opportunity for you to develop and grow with our team.
Your passion for innovation and automation will allow you to make a tangible and credible impact to our business.
What You Will Bring Along
- Your previous experience in ACH Operations at a US-based retail bank or FinTech will help you thrive in our fast paced environment.
- As an ambitious and committed individual you will bring a desire to learn and improve your current knowledge as well as a desire to drive the improvement and optimization of our processes.
- Comfortable in a highly driven team and working with a substantial degree of autonomy in a fast-paced environment.
- You will be able to work diligently and communicate confidently across the business.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree or qualification in a relevant business discipline highly desired.
What we offer
- Working with diverse, highly engaged peers
- Exciting and varied tasks
- A crucial role in a highly motivated, talented and international team
- Getting things done attitude
- High degree of autonomy
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Full-time role in NYC
- Self-improvement budget to spend on attending conferences, taking courses, and purchasing books
- Competitive remuneration
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Meet the Team
The N26 US team is a group of unique and talented people consisting of alumni from Stanford, Northwestern, University of Chicago, Duke, Syracuse, Villanova, and University of California, just to name a few! Many of us have gained our previous work experience at companies like Airbnb, Dow Jones, The New York Times, Expedia, PwC, J.P. Morgan, Etsy and Morgan Stanley.
As far as fun facts go, our team is comprised of two NYC marathon finishers, a former sushi chef, a former competitive wakeboarder, and a certified yoga instructor. Collectively, we speak English, German, Greek, French, Spanish, Italian, Cantonese, Portuguese and Hebrew.