We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 2.5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 800 employees in 3 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
Once here you will
Advise the management of our French branch in all legal issues relating to contract law, data protection law, banking and regulatory law as well as in all other legal matters. You will review and negotiate contracts independently and, in close cooperation with your supervisor and ensure compliance with national law/regulations. Central aspect of your tasks will be to increase effectiveness and efficiency while at the same time minimising/mitigating risks and contributing to customer-oriented products and services. Furthermore, you will be responsible to coordinate parts of our international Local-Counsel-Network in several other European jurisdictions.
Your tasks in detail:
- You will be the point of contact for all questions relating to French contract law, banking law and banking supervisory law within our legal department.
- You advise and coordinate all legal issues/disputes relating to the French market.
- After a reasonable on boarding period you will work independently on the projects assigned to you.
- After a reasonable on boarding period you will be the contact person for national supervisory authorities and advise the management accordingly.
- You will draft French Terms and Conditions and negotiate contracts with cooperation partners.
What you will bring along
- You have successfully completed the required legal examinations in France, French bar exam.
- Ideally, you have professional experience of at least 3 three years, preferably in the legal department of a bank or a reputed law firm.
- Ideally, you have already gained some work experience in retail banking law and banking supervisory law.
- You are well-versed in dealing with legal issues, contract texts in various fields of law as well as preparing recommendations for action for the management.
- You are hands-on and eager to tackle new topics while demonstrating a quick grasp and experience in conceptual project work.
- You speak fluently French (native language) and English (ideally acquired abroad), Italian and Spanish in addition would be an advantage (German not required).
- You bring along entrepreneurial vision, prudence in challenging markets and high commitment and initiative.
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Getting things done attitude
- Keep up to date with our InsideN26 Magazine
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Personal Development Budget
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.