We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 2.3 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 700 employees in 3 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
As the Head of Group Risk, your core responsibilities are to identify, measure, limit and control all financial, operational and business risk, including reputational risk of the N26 Group's business operations. Given that the N26 Group also includes financial institutions emphasis has to be put on bank's regulatory framework.
Once here you will
- Participate in the design and continuous development of risk management at N26 group.
- Develop and ongoing optimization of the risk strategy and ensuring the risk-bearing capacity on the basis of regulatory requirements.
- Participate in the further development of risk management tools using mathematical-statistical methods, such as the development of new or backtesting of existing scoring methods and credit risk models.
- Ensuring the ongoing implementation of the operational risk management framework in close coordination with the various process and risk owners.
- Be responsible of risk reporting to management and advisory board.
- Align with internal and external auditors.
- Implement and run the group Internal Control System (ICS) and Loss Database.
- Establish and maintain the group process map and risk inventory.
- Coordinate the implementation of new legal and regulatory requirements for the risk management system in all relevant markets and market segments.
- Be responsible of the implementation and control of the New Products / New Markets processes.
- Work as business enabler for Product departments.
- Review and control of the Groups loan servicing processes and problem loan management.
- Process analysis and reengineering of existing risk control processes.
What you will bring along
- Profound experience with bank law and banking regulation.
- Professional experience in risk management at a bank, ideally with reference to an international retail lending business.
- Experience in IT project management.
- Expert knowledge of mathematical statistical software (e.g. SPSS, Eviewes, Matlab)
- Fast and reliable operation.
- High commitment and initiative as well as very good analytical skills, efficiency and systematics.
- Comprehensive mastery of MS Office software (Excel, PPT, Word, Access)
- Fluent German and English language skills.
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Getting things done attitude
- Keep up to date with our InsideN26 Magazine
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Personal Development Budget
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.