We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 2.3 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 800 employees in 3 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
Once here you will
- Build, develop and lead a high-performing accounting team that supports our financial and transactional needs as we scale globally.
- Improve and develop an efficient, robust and reliable reporting system, with a strong focus on automation and digitisation (fast closing).
- Champion the proper recording of business transactions in financial accounting across the various entities of the group and jurisdictions.
- Lead the transition and the implementation of our consolidated financial statements to IFRS.
- Be responsible for the development, planning, coordination and timely preparation of the external interim and annual financial statements in accordance with local accounting standards and IFRS.
- Closely monitor the developments of legislation and accounting standards and assess their potential impact on the group and its entities.
- Collaborate closely with leaders across the organisation as the main partner for assessing impact on group accounting due to new business activities.
- Be the main point of contact for auditors and authorities when it comes to financials.
What you will bring along
- Extensive experience and a successful track record of leading an accounting/finance team, either in a financial services, IFRS accounting advisory or financial institution.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, with fluency in English and German.
- Outstanding relationship building skills across all levels.
- Demonstrated experience in people leadership and a passion for building high-performing teams.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Educational background in accounting/finance with CPA rounds out your profile.
- Experience working in an international environment or with a public company are preferred, but not essential.
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Getting things done attitude
- Keep up to date with our InsideN26 Magazine
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Personal Development Budget
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.