Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
Our app attracts over 10k new users every day, primarily through word of mouth. We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
About the opportunity
Following our successful launch in the US in August we are seeking a Sr. iOS Engineer to join our small (but mighty) NYC mobile team. You’ll be joining two experience engineers in NYC who are helping us establish ourselves in the US as a beautifully designed and masterfully crafted experience for banking.
Our iOS Team owns the entirety of our iOS mobile products and all of the rewards and responsibilities that go along with that. They’re constantly striving to push the edge of what iOS is capable of while striving for the high level of scalability, testability, and overall user experience.
With over $670 million raised, and a $3.5 billion valuation, one of the most valuable and well-funded FinTechs in Europe is about to break the US banking model.
If you can operate with a high degree of autonomy while collaborating globally; working with cutting edge technologies, and getting things done while striving for constant growth, personally and professionally; let's build banking technology that the world loves to use.
In this role, you will:
- Work in cross-functional team and understand how the entire puzzle fits together instead of just a piece
- Build local, but think global. We want to create products that bring delight to our end users here in the us and at the same time think about how we can change banking at a global level
- Collaborate with other engineers in designing APIs used by the N26 app and contribute to a product that you can be proud of
- Proactively work on improving the iOS tech stack and ensure high quality standards.
- Use the knowledge of the system to make architectural decisions and independently develop features and tackle complex problems
- Provide guidance and feedback to the global iOS team
What you need to be successful:
- 3+ years of experience demonstrating a deep knowledge and understanding of the iOS platform; ideally in a primarily Swift focus environment
- Experience in building products that showcase the variety and depth of iOS frameworks
- Demonstrable experience in quality focused development where you’re involved in robust unit, UI, and End-to-End testing.
- Building within Model-View-ViewModel patterns or other progressive architectural patterns
- Understanding how to drive projects from beginning to either, both autonomously and collaboratively
- Strong communication (both written and verbal) within an Agile environment
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Have a strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback