We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is a mobile bank that the world loves to use. We have over 2 million customers across 24 markets who generate over €1.5 billion in monthly transaction volume. Our team of over 500 employees in 3 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. With our full banking license, state-of-the-art technology and no branch network, N26 is redesigning banking for the 21st century. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. N26 currently operates in: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK. N26 has announced to enter the US market in early 2019 where it will operate via its wholly owned subsidiary N26 Inc. based in New York. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $215 million from investors including Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
Once Here You Will:
- Leading the brand design team and create a strategy to collaborate closely with product and marketing teams to shape and achieve a shared vision
- Use your design knowledge to tell captivating brand stories to expand N26’s narrative effectively through a range of mediums and channels
- Help translate strategy into design across platforms
- Drive projects from start to finish — working collaboratively across teams on ideation, creation and implementation. This creative responsibility will ensure solutions are realised and delivered to the highest-quality of creative standards
- Manage the quality of all deliverables and ensure they meet N26 standards for creative excellence
- Mentor and inspire designers, give and solicit feedback in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- Evolve staffing to meet new needs and be part of every major decisions
- Be an active member of the N26 Design team — share your knowledge with your colleagues, offer constructive critique at design reviews and contribute to the design culture within the wider company.
What You'll Bring Along
- 8+ years of professional experience within the disciplines of visual design, brand identity and digital design
- Experience dealing with stakeholders of different disciplines
- History of self-initiated projects
- Experienced in a multi-disciplinary in-house or an agency team setting.
- A developed sense of leadership that comes packaged with a proactive, here-to-help attitude and belief in the value of teamwork
- A strong facilitator and presenter, with the ability to build confidence and push to make change happen
- Curious, explorative and open to trying new ways of working and learning
- Your own ideas and dreams about the future of banking
What We Offer
- High degree of autonomy
- Crucial role in a highly motivated, talented team
- Individual Professional Development Budget
- Your choice of a new Mac or Windows laptop
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Probably the best cup of coffee in the neighbourhood
Join and build a design team which is responsible for end to end of the customer journey. Starting with first touchpoints in the digital and physical world, creating campaigns in-house, reposition our brand and create ideas which work across channels. In close collaboration we work together on product and ensure a direct brand translation of the values and principles.
Learn more about the Design Culture at N26 from our Head of Design, Christian Hertlein.