We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We redesigned the banking experience to be simple, fast and contemporary. Founded in 2013 by Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal, N26 has more than 500 employees and more than 1,5 million customers in 18 countries. N26 has raised more than $215 million from renowned investors including Allianz X, Tencent Holdings Limited, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, members of the Zalando management board and Earlybird Venture Capital.
System Engineering Group at N26 consists of two main teams: Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) and Security. We are looking for a Technical Program Manager (TPM) who is familiar with SDLC, understands infrastructure and service deployments, microservice architecture and continuous deployment and delivery. The TPM will help to constantly prioritize and plan works for the team and acts as contact to all the stakeholders in N26. He is able to take lead in different security initiatives such as Trust and Product Engineering and move them forward while focusing on delivering other cross-functional projects.
Once Here You Will:
- Seek responsibility and take ownership while deep diving into complex projects
- Prioritize projects, tasks and drive decisions
- Lead projects and take responsibility for end-to-end project delivery
- Interact actively over complex projects with internal and external stakeholders, project managers, engineering managers, tech leads and product owners
- Establish a good relationship with engineering teams, product groups and banking entity
- Collect data and transform it into business requirements
- Track changes, manage tickets, prioritize tasks, maintain processes and actively refine the working practices
- Act as a strong performer who is able to deliver results
- Have deep experience in product management best practices
- Lead complex, multidisciplinary technical projects using engineering expertise
- Manage project schedules, product roadmaps and able to create forecast plans
- Communicate projects and tasks statuses clearly to all stakeholders
- Develop team activities and drive resolution of issues across all areas of the project.
- Have sound knowledge in Agile software development life cycle
- Conduct planning and review meetings
- Define project goals and key results that align with strategic vision. Gain buy-in, track results, and update progress to key stakeholders.
- Run daily Kanban/Scrum practices and take ownership of backlog refining
- Track, mitigate risks and actively prioritize daily requests coming to the team
- Become familiar with SDLC, QA practices, infrastructure setup, cloud computing, CI/CD pipelines
What You'll Bring Along
- Good educational background or practical experience in similar role is critical
- Experience in software development life cycle
- Sound knowledge in Agile methodology
- Excellent project management skills
- Technical background in the field of software engineering, product management is a plus
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Excellent multi-tasking as we grow fast and changes come up frequently
- Experience working with engineering managers, product owners and developers is a plus
- Experience with CI/CD, cloud computing, containerization, orchestration is a plus
- Knowledge of the product we offer and passion for N26
- Experience managing a portfolio of projects designed to establish process and mitigate fraud, and user risk
What We Offer
High degree of autonomy
Crucial role in a highly motivated, talented team
Individual Professional Development Budget
Your choice of a new Mac or Windows laptop
Flat hierarchy and open communication
Newly designed office in Berlin-Mitte
A stack of the most modern technologies
Probably the best cup of coffee in the neighbourhood
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.