We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 offers an unparalleled banking experience and is recognized as a game changer in the banking industry. Founded in 2013 by Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal, N26 has more than 300 employees and more than 500,000 customers in 17 countries. N26 has also announced its launch in the U.S. market in mid-2018 through its New York-based subsidiary, N26 Inc. N26 raised more than $55 million from investors including Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Battery Ventures and Valar Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, Earlybird Venture Capital and Redalpine Ventures. We are seeking strong candidates to support our U.S. expansion.
The US Product Designer at N26 is a passionate and experienced creator that will be responsible for the US product experience. In this role, you’ll be working hand-in-hand with the product, engineering, and business team to take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into useful and enjoyable experiences for our customers. You are heavily research focused, able to iterate on wireframes and designs and create customer journey stories that help to identify our target customers.
- Partner with the product, engineering, and business teams in the US to oversee the user experience of the MVP from concept through launch
- Support the US product team by applying your expertise in conceptual design, research, prototyping, detailed design, usability testing and implementation
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the product, engineering, and executive teams, both in the US and Berlin
- Design mobile and web interfaces that are incredibly simple, elegant, and enjoyable
- Design and lead research projects, and synthesize research findings to provide strategic recommendations based on users’ needs, preferences, expectations, and behaviors
- Identify and create personas, archetypes, scenarios, and journey maps based on research data, and become a subject matter expert on our customer segments and products
- Rapidly iterate, validate, and refine product concepts and designs
- Become users’ ambassador to reflect, advocate for them and inspire teams
- 5+ years experience as product designer in an experience-led team
- Track record of designing and executing research projects and applying research insights to design
- Well-developed portfolio that showcases your skills
- History of self-initiated projects
- Experience working with an Agile, mobile, and/or web product team
- US Citizenship or US work authorization
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A crucial role in a highly motivated, talented and international team
- Flat hierarchies, as well as short and open channels of communication
- High degree of autonomy
- Learn and get support from the design team in Berlin
- Full-time role in N.Y.C.
- Competitive compensation