About the opportunity
We are seeking a Fraud Prevention Analyst specialized in Card Fraud Prevention.
Our Global Fraud Prevention team is in charge of detecting, mitigating and preventing financial and reputational damage caused by fraud trends that target N26 customers and products; this by performing different types of analysis to detect the root causes for possible vulnerabilities or exposure, propose mitigation actions to solve such issues, and the team is in charge of establishing and help to improve detection and mitigation systems that help the company to innovate in the way we are reducing our fraud rates in the most practical way possible.
In this role, you will:
- Perform card fraud related analysis to detect, prevent or stop trends
- Must use SQL and data management tools to create Dashboards and put information together for decision making.
- Update the articles with the information of the team related to card fraud prevention
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders to apply the best fraud prevention solutions possible without creating a major business impact.
- Monitor , measure and improve the different risk rules that the company has a at card level
- Create fraud reports to inform the different stakeholders what occurred and how we dealt in card fraud related issues
- Create card fraud prevention risk rules
What you need to be successful:
- Previous experience in card fraud prevention (At least 3 years)
- Bachelor level degree or higher in a numerate (e.g. Statistics, CS), economics/business, or financial crime-related degree preferred law/criminology
- Previous experience working in the US market is a plus
- Previous experience experience working in banking and card fraud fraud prevention related positions
- SQL proficiency is a must for this position, you must have at least a year of experience using it in a professional or educational environment.
- Fluent in English (German, French, Spanish and Italian are a plus)
- Analytical skills
- KYC knowledge and previous experience in a Fintech environment are also a plus
- Intermediate SQL knowledge
- A team player with good interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Respectful and an active listener
- Negotiation and communication skills
- Able to maintain a positive mindset while working under pressure
- Maintain a positive mindset despite the challenges
- Act as a team player to accomplish the goals together
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Proactively propose solutions and ideas to improve our work
- Respect others and be an active listener
- Work with discipline and constancy
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
- Show negotiation skills to get into common ground with stakeholders
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.