We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 3.5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 1300 employees in 4 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
We are now looking for a Head of Global Banking Operations Excellence with substantial experience in delivering banking operations on a global scale. You will be part of our Customer Operations global senior leadership team on a journey to build a cutting-edge service delivery organization. In a regulated environment with high expectations towards service excellence, deep banking expertise and process excellence are the foundation of our success.
Once here you will
- Lead and develop teams of dedicated professionals (30+) in order to deliver best-in-class global banking operations across payments & SWIFT operations, credit operations, dunning & collections, account & customer data, garnishments, p-accounts, and insolvencies
- Identify process needs and remedies to meet business goals and performance objectives, partner with all relevant N26 departments and operational leadership to further develop our banking team to ensure that our teams have the processes available to them at all times and on all channels to create a life-enhancing service experience
- Establish and further develop a team of banking operations experts by investing heavily in process excellence, certification, as well as onboarding world-class banking experts
- Using a data-driven approach, refine and further develop key metrics to measure quality and efficiency of our banking processes and services
- Improve end-to-end process efficiency and excellence of our banking operations for existing and new markets and find opportunities to explore and implement new technologies that harness the full potential of our systems to a world-class level, leveraging automation where possible
- Establish, maintain, and revise policies and procedures to further enhance our internal knowledge base
- Contribute to the overall Customer Operations strategy and the N26 service delivery approach
What you will bring along
- You have extensive experience (at least 8 years) and a proven track record as a leader in European banking operations, including areas such as payments and legal compliance
- You bring demonstrated people leadership experience, with a track record of building and leading high-performing banking teams
- You bring an innovative and customer-oriented mindset and a strong delivery mentality with a focus on execution. The customer is always at the forefront of your mind, and your entrepreneurial spirit will help us delivering best-in-class banking services
- You have excellent stakeholder management skills with an ability to connect at all levels of an international organisation
- Comfort with both written and verbal communication. English language proficiency is a must, additional languages relevant to our markets are a plus
- Ability to monitor and analyze data and use this to inform and guide your management decisions
- You have successfully completed a banking apprenticeship and/or hold a university degree in business studies (with major in Banking & Finance) or a related field.
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Getting things done attitude
- Keep up to date with our InsideN26 Magazine
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Travel in style with N26 You
- Personal Development Budget
- Subsidized transit pass
- Perks including German Classes, Dogs @ Work, Urban Sports Club and more
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.