We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 3.5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 1300 employees in 4 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
N26’s US is seeking a Head of Quality Assurance within our Customer Operations team to launch our Customer QA Department and the operational framework along with it in order to ensure the highest quality, most delightful experiences to our customers.
You will draw on your experience and expertise to develop effective ways to review, monitor and report on customer interaction and feedback and drive the team to make sure that quality standards are met.
As a key member of our Customer Operations Leadership team, you will work with members of the team in conducting deep dives on positive and negative customer feedback and identify opportunities for improvement based on root cause analysis.
This team has the critical role of continuously improving the knowledge of N26’s customer facing teams and directly responsible for how these teams improve in delivering compliant, high quality and exceptional customer experiences.
Once you are here you will:
- Act as a leading figure in our Customer Support team, you will also play a crucial role in making sure the customer's voice is heard.
- Identify appropriate metrics and enhancing existing metric reporting to be more predictive in nature and create an objective basis for management conclusions around the health of internal processes
- Work closely with other internal stakeholders, you will transfer the key messages we are receiving to the relevant team.
- Serve as a passionate and customer orientated individual with a customer first mindset. This passion and drive will be a key component in our aim to deliver a constantly improving product and service.
- Motivate and inspire not just daily performance, but help our employees develop to be the best they can be. Whether it's providing honest feedback or extra help mentoring, you will be committed to help the person develop - not just perform.
- Remain current in Compliance, regulatory requirements, and company procedures by attending professional meetings, seminars, and continued education programs
- Develop, direct, train, and manage department personnel
- Work independently to manage deadlines and multiple departmental priorities
- Establish, maintain, and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of a risk and compliance program
- Provides guidance, advice, and training/educational programs to improve the business’ understanding of all applicable laws and regulations
What you will bring along:
- You have at least 10 years of leadership and professional experience in building and leading large scale Customer Support Quality Assurance organizations.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree or qualification in a relevant business discipline highly desired. Masters in Business or Management preferred.
- Prior work experience in Banking or Fintech at PLUS!
- Experience establishing QA methodologies and best practices.
- Banking regulatory and compliance knowledge
- Work independently and efficiently and love working in a team.
- Monitor and analyzing data comes naturally to you, and you will use this to inform and guide your management decisions. Whether it's daily, weekly or monthly KPIs you will always know where we stand, and what we need to improve our customer experience.
- Experience with CRM tools like Salesforce, Zendesk or Freshdesk.
What we offer
- Working with diverse, highly engaged peers
- A crucial role in a highly motivated, talented and international team
- High degree of autonomy
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Self-improvement budget to spend on attending conferences, taking courses, and purchasing books
- Competitive remuneration
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Meet the Team
The N26 US team is a group of unique and talented people consisting of alumni from Stanford, Northwestern, Duke, Syracuse, Villanova, and University of California, University of Denver, just to name a few! Many of us have gained our previous work experience at companies like Dow Jones, The New York Times, Expedia, PwC, J.P. Morgan, Etsy, Dish Network, Sling TV, Western Union and Morgan Stanley.
As far as fun facts go, our team is comprised of two NYC marathon finishers, a former sushi chef, a former competitive wakeboarder, and a certified yoga instructor. Collectively, we speak English, German, Greek, French, Spanish, Italian, Cantonese, Portuguese, Urdu and Hebrew.