We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 2.3 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 700 employees in 3 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
N26 aims to build the most reliable customer service in banking globally. Great customer care will soon be one of the central pillars of the N26 value proposition. We are looking for a senior manager with a start-up mentality to help us achieving this. Due to our rapid growth, we will ramp up our CS staff from around 300 to over 1000 this year, create a global network of contact centers and introduce best-in-class training and customer service experience tools. As Head of Customer Service Europe, you'll lead our European customer operations to the most reliable service center in banking.
Once here you will
- Refine our inhouse team and performance management practices and take them to best-in-class level
- Refine and further develop our global customer service strategy, including the design of the service experience
- Introduce cutting-edge service tools such as WFM/IDM, omni channel skill-based routing, case-based dynamic knowledge base, recommendation engines
- Support in building a world-class training and quality department
- Manage the seamless integration of our inhouse operations with the external contact center network
- Develop and grow our team of outstanding team leads
- Constantly work on driving our First Contact Resolution to best-in-class levels
- Support the global scale up of our global customer service network, including the launch of two new markets in 2019
- Partner with other leaders across the business, including marketing and product, to ensure constant feedback based on customer insights to our product
What you will bring along
- In-depth knowledge of best-in-class customer service organizations with a large employee base, preferably inhouse
- Outstanding people and business leadership skills, with a strong background of creating world-class customer experiences
- Growth mindset with a strong hands-on attitude and the ability to adapt to a fast and volatile environment, this includes pulling up your sleeves to show that you know how to handle the jobs you talk about
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of customer behaviour and how to translate this into robust customer service processes and customer experience
- Excellent negotiation skills and ideally experience with vendor management
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with fluency in English
What we offer
- A unique journey to build a global lighthouse of customer service excellence
- Leadership opportunity with a highly skilled, engaged and international peers
- Getting things done attitude
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- The opportunity to be a part of the digital banking revolution
- Interesting organisational challenges to tackle as we scale