About the opportunity
We are looking for a talented and passionate Engineering Manager for the Engineering Foundation group in the Developer Experience segment in Barcelona or in Berlin. You will work in the area of Platform Engineering on some of the most crucial parts of the N26 experience around how to evolve the organization and disrupt the market.
Our cross-functional teams are passionate about collaboration and knowledge sharing, as well as working with a high degree of autonomy. As an Engineering Manager you enable your teams to be successful by coaching and developing your team members. You are working at the intersection of Engineering, Product and Design and make certain a stable value delivery is ensured with the highest level of quality and security.
About Engineering Foundations:
- Our vision is to create a product that empowers our engineers and designers to be more efficient and productive, by enabling them to deliver high-quality features and improvements at a faster pace.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and develop an incredible team of talented and motivated software developers working in an agile environment
- Grow your team internally and recruit externally, manage and retain talent
- Create and foster a high performing, engaging & inclusive work environment based on transparency, accountability and trust
- Collaborate with Product Manager and Tech Leads / Principal Engineers in continuous planning, dependency & risk management and constant process improvement
- Help to define & execute goals (OKRs) and a sustainable tech strategy
- Continuously identify and learn from our delivery on how to further improve our effectiveness
- Establish a tight connection to other teams to unblock dependencies, provide visibility and transparency
What you need to be successful:
- Experience building and working with agile software development teams
- Experience managing and delivering impactful and complex projects.
- Familiar with CI/CD infrastructure and its practical application
- Strong leadership, planning and communication skills.
- Problem solving skills and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Passion to utilize cutting edge technologies to provide the best customer experience possible
- Professional proficiency in spoken & written English
Nice to have:
- Previous work experience in the FinTech industry
- Successful collaboration with internal product teams
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors 🚀
- Employee benefits that range from a competitive personal development budget, work from home budget, discounts to fitness & wellness memberships, language apps and public transportation.
- As an N26 employee you will have access to a Premium subscription on your personal N26 bank account. As well as subscriptions for friends and family members.
- Vacation days vary depending on your location of work. Additional day of annual leave for each year of service.
- A high degree of autonomy and access to cutting edge technologies - all while working with a friendly team of peers of diverse nationalities, life experiences and family statuses
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 24 markets. We employ more than 1,500 employees across 3 office locations in Berlin, Vienna and Barcelona. Besides the main offices, N26 also has local offices in Paris, Madrid, Milan, and São Paolo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.