About the opportunity
We are seeking a Head of AFC Operations to act as point of contact for operations tasks required by Bank/MLROs to fulfil the Bank’s regulatory requirements in the context of AML, AFC and KYC. The operational tasks are predominantly delegated to the AFC Operations teams in N26 Operations GmbH or external partners.
In this role, you will:
- Process ownership for operations processes (KPIs on time & quality)
- Respond to all audit requests towards AFC Operations and facilitate all requests to external AFCO service providers are forwarded to them comprehensively
- Respond to Compliance and MLRO requests with proposals to operationalise their requirements, outlining conditions and risks
- Coordination and communication between N26 Operations and N26 Bank re AFC
- Report KPIs based on the requirements. The main focus of the Head of Global AFC Operations is to deliver the KPIs agreed with Bank/MLROs.
- Build and develop the AFC Operations function and enable it to deliver the services requested in the business operations’ effectiveness, reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
- Support the creation and management of a risk-aware operational function
- Supervise and support the work of AFCO leadership team
- Provide status reports to responsible board members, ELT, senior management
- Ensure AFCO involvement in key projects where AFCO input is required
- Work on and implement strategies and ensure ongoing alignment of the AFCO organisation with policies and procedures and external legal and regulatory requirements
What you need to be successful:
- Strong anti-financial crime experience in first or second line of defence
- Extensive professional experience consulting high-level stakeholders in the banking and finance industry
- Seasoned AML background, preferably previous experience in Financial Crime Operations in the financial or Banking industry within a fast-paced environment
- A successful track record in financial crime, improvement, data analytics, project / change management, and strategy and business management
- Relevant leadership experience with a strong track record in building successful teams and managing transformational change
- You enjoy implementing processes and approaching new topics and challenges independently
- Demonstrate data analytics mindset to take the right decisions, work strategically and communicate to senior stakeholders effectively
- Fluency in English and German.
- Sound experience in Financial Crime, or Anti Money Laundry activities with strong exposure to European Financial regulators i.e. German
- Leadership and strategy gained through simplifying complex anti-financial crime, compliance or risk management processes
- Exceptionally strong communication and strategic decision making skills with a successful track record of designing and implementing end-to-end projects
- Proven leadership and strategy exposure gained through simplifying complex anti-financial crime, compliance or risk management processes.
- Your people centric culture paves the way for a strong people team performance.
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment and relevant processes with regard to topics such as KYC, risk analysis, transaction monitoring, fraud / terrorist financing, sanctions / embargoes
- A team player with negotiation, communication and good interpersonal skills
- Proactive, independently-working, strategic mind
- Able to maintain a positive mindset while working under pressure
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful.
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo.
- Think globally, act locally.
- Strong bias for action.
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback.
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors 🚀.
- Employee benefits that range from a competitive personal development budget, work from home budget, discounts to fitness & wellness memberships, language apps and public transportation.
- As an N26 employee you will have access to a Premium subscription on your personal N26 bank account. As well as subscriptions for friends and family members.
- Vacation days vary depending on your location of work. Additional day of annual leave for each year of service.
- A high degree of autonomy and access to cutting edge technologies - all while working with a friendly team of peers of diverse nationalities, life experiences and family statuses.
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it.
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 8 million customers in 24 markets. We employ more than 1,500 employees across 3 office locations in Berlin, Vienna and Barcelona. Besides the main offices, N26 also has local offices in Paris, Madrid, Milan, and São Paulo.
Sounds good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.