- Berlin, Barcelona, Paris, Milan, Amsterdam, London
About the opportunity
N26 is looking for a Chief Marketing Officer to join its executive team and build out a world-class marketing department across Europe. At N26 we are changing the world’s relationship with money for the better. Building on that vision, you’ll create the strategy to grow N26 into the leading mobile bank in Europe. You’ll lead and master the brand strategy to develop a long-term competitive differentiation in the years leading up to a successful IPO, impacting millions of retail banking consumers.
You’ll plan, organize, hire and train the Marketing Team to execute on your strategy and contribute to company-wide revenue, growth, brand and communication goals. You’ll drive consistent, relevant messaging and communications as well as adapt N26’s brand positioning on the international market as the company grows. Your success will be measured across all stages of the marketing funnel growing awareness, acquisition, activation and retention as well as in driving customer lifetime value.
In this role, you will focus on:
- Growth Marketing:
- Be a consumer and growth focused marketing executive, bringing a marketing strategy fuelled by strategic consumer insights and geared towards growth to the executive team and then partnering closely with other executives to implement the strategy
- Drive significant growth and impact of a world-class product and brand across paid, owned and earned channels - online and offline
- Oversee our partnerships efforts to drive acquisition, engagement and monetization
- Brand Marketing, Word of Mouth & Communications:
- Leave a footprint in the industry by building a leading digital (banking) brand globally, defining and implementing our brand vision consistently across all touchpoints
- Create engagement and buzz around the N26 brand on owned and earned channels, fuelling virality and word of mouth within our target audiences, with significant experience in content & social
- Shape N26 reputation through consistent internal and external communications, with significant experience in corporate and consumer PR
- Product Marketing & Consumer Obsession:
- Lead our consumer research & insights function and be a key executive sponsor and driver of the voice of our customers, driving business decisions through that lense, driving up NPS
- Oversee our Product Marketing efforts, partnering closely with our CPO
- Drive and optimize a data and consumer insights driven decision making culture
- Budget Management, Data Obsession & ROI
- Allocate and manage a growing marketing budget across channels and markets with a strong focus on the return of investment considering customer’s lifetime value, making every euro count and establishing a state of the art, full funnel investment and measurement strategy ensuring sustainable growth
- Team Development & leadership:
- Grow and inspire a highly skilled cross-functional marketing team (including Brand Strategy, Brand Marketing, Content & Social, Creative Studio, Communications, CRM, Performance, Product Marketing, Insights & Analytics, Partnerships, Local Markets and more)
What you need to be successful:
- A highly successful track record building one of the most successful consumer brands in the world, with a minimum of 10 years experience in a role leading and growing B2C market-leading brands
- An accomplished end-to-end marketing expertise across the entire marketing funnel.
- Set up the right metrics/OKRs and inspire the team to align and reach those goals.
- Take a forensic data-focused approach to all marketing investments, understanding the return on every euro
- A keen sense of how startups work, and what that means for marketing.
- Solid managerial skills of 50+ marketeers and proven ability to hire, develop and retain top talent.
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors 🚀.
- Employee benefits that range from a competitive personal development budget, work from home budget, language apps and public transportation.
- As an N26 employee you will have access to a Premium subscription on your personal N26 bank account. As well as subscriptions for friends and family members.
- Vacation days vary depending on your location of work. Additional day of annual leave for each year of service.
- A high degree of autonomy and access to cutting edge technologies - all while working with a friendly team of peers of diverse nationalities, life experiences and family statuses.
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it.
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.